A deleteable post

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can we just hire Bill again, he was totally the > man. Smokin’ cigs, gettin’ BJ, eatin’ burgs, just > a cool dood, no small-weenie complex. i wanted the guy out of office before my daughter grew up to see him as a role model. but man, now, in hindsight, whatever his personal foibles, the man was a great prez. balanced budget, need i say more? he also got the closest to actually nailing bin laden in his tent. GWB has been running around in circles and has never even gotten close.

I think it’s really interesting to see some of the old '92 debate footage. Clinton speaks about “Hope and Change” while Bush talks about how it was Congress’s problems that created a raw deal for the people. There are some interesting commonalities. I also think branding the economic policies of the democrats as “anti-capitalist” is a bit unfair. The democrats came a long way in the 90’s toward embracing a more market friendly economic stance, a big difference compared to republicans is that they don’t see unfettered market competition as a panacea. Dems also seem to worry more about the degree of equality generated in the system - but everyone gets a little touchy when redistributive politics gets brought into the picture.

Sorry, double post

PSSST: Talking about deletable posts…the CAIA thread was deleted!

And furthermore, a thread entitled “A deleteable post” was not deleted! LOL.