A light-hearted change of pace....

So my boss recently told me that my models, while detailed and accurate, are difficult to follow and we spend WAY to much time on formatting before we can send things out to clients. Anyone encounter this issue and have any advice on how you got better at presenting things more simply?

read Tufte

I do an appendix for every different model and and dont put models in the stock report itself, kinda like a basic sell side rpt, but I use font and colors to keep things easy to read. I think boxes and lines, which the sell side loves, are damging to eyes. I rather see a a consisent color for all the major line items, etc what sort of models are we talking about - are you a sell side analyst? or a performance analyst, etc???

I learned to put everything and i mean 98% of the technical stuff in the Appendix. Use baby gloves for the executive summary.

Models for distressed commercial mortgages/real estate. Stuff we send to our capital partners to try to get them on board etc… Thanks for the help guys, I think I’m going to buy Tufte and check it out…

Models for distressed commercial mortgages/real estate. Stuff we send to our capital partners to try to get them on board etc… Thanks for the help guys, I think I’m going to buy Tufte and check it out…