Abandoning EOCs..

I’ve decided with a week to go that looking at the EOCs is counterproductive as I end up spending too much time digging too deep into any one subject. Better to know ~78% of the easier 90% than ~50% (all I think I’d retain) of the remaining and difficult 10%. Most of the questions we’ll come across will be straightforward and if you get a decent chunk of the remaining challenging questions right, you’re golden. I’m just shooting for a 70, nothing more. Hope I get it. Schweser self-tests, Schweser Exam 3, the free CFAI mock and sample, 2007 & 2008 AM, and my index cards are what I’ll hit for this last week. Did Exam 1 & 2 and 2006 AM already. More than I did for L1 or L2. Think it’ll work?

Yeah. Probably. Or maybe not. Not really sure.

Tell me your scores and I’ll tell you if it will work.

too late for EOC’s in my opinion, unless you just read the Q and answer without doing work or some pure simple calculation…

I’ve been debating this for a few days. I think there is a lot of value in reading the eoc and then flipping right away to the back and make sure that it makes sense. eoc are “required reading” and I think the more complicated questions are very comparable to the feel and difficulty of the exam. same goes for the examples in the source text. dunno, I’m a huge fan of the eoc questions, even if it’s immediately flipping to the back. excelling use of time imo.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tell me your scores and I’ll tell you if it will > work. For 2006: 72% For Schweser Ex 1: 63% AM, 80% PM For Schweser Ex 2: 67% AM, 82% PM Borderline?

sterling76 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > plyon Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Tell me your scores and I’ll tell you if it > will > > work. > > For 2006: 72% > For Schweser Ex 1: 63% AM, 80% PM > For Schweser Ex 2: 67% AM, 82% PM > > Borderline? Sounds like you are in very good shape. Not boderline at all, in my opinion. Shift into maintenance mode. Do whatever you like to keep it fresh. Index cards would be my first and easiest choice. Kick back and have a cold one, bro. Next week focus on tightening up your IPS answers or whatever else led to you under-performing on the AM sections.

plyon, Thanks for your assessment… it’s really hard for me to stay focused and I feel like I wasted some time on a bunch of EOCs and let some other info escape from my head. We’re all hanging on by a string and you always seem to be on top of things. So thanks again for the feedback, maintenance mode it is.

Secret sauce has been a big help for me… I just completed it (excl GIPS) in three days. I really took my time, referring back to schweser notes…

gotta try and run through the sauce again myself…3rd or 4th time. keeps me fresh.

No sauce for me… I haven’t used it in the past. Hopefully, my index cards will get me over the finish line.

I was thinking about going through EOC’s again, but also decided that it would be counterproductive. Everytime I start doing EOC questions, I find myself returning to my prior tendency to write a damn novel for each essay question. I already went through them all back in March anyways… The only questions I’m going to do now are AM Session style essays and vignettes. It’s time to get ready for game day.

can someone compare secret sauce to a combo of end of chapter summaries and the formula sheets at the end of each schweser book?? i am a huge, huge fan of going thru the summaries of the entire curriculum in an hour or two, just see what’s there.

one way to go through a few of them is using the front of volume 2. that’s what i did… a sample then repeating EOC’s and past exams in schweser. it’s amazing that i can get the same question wrong twice.

sauce is more in depth. at 250 or so pages, it takes me forever to get through, though. i wondered if going through end of chapter summaries in the curriculum would be a good bet. thoughts?

i didn’t like the sauce in the beginning as much because i thought it was too wordy… but now that i’m actually in review mode, i’m liking it more. i guess because i’m futher along in my studies and things are starting to come together. (though my scores aren’t reflecting it.)

> it’s amazing that i can get the same question > wrong twice. it’s a sign of greatness, LOL!!!.. i have the same problem, like charlie brown kicking the football… i did level 1 awhile ago. have some people done the same ethics questions for 3 or more years.