About Equity Investments for the Level I CFA Exam

This forum contains discussion of Equity Investments topics for the Level I CFA exam.

• Equity Investments is covered in Study Sessions 12 and 13
  • Equity Investments has an exam weight of 11%

Study Session 12

“This study session provides a structural overview of financial markets and their operating characteristics. Overview markets include equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments. Various asset types, market participants, and how assets trade within these markets and ecosystems are described. Coverage of these core asset classes continues in subsequent Level I study sessions, laying the foundation for further study in Levels II and III. The study session then turns to the calculation, construction, and use of security market indexes. A discussion of market efficiency and the degree to which market prices may reflect available information concludes the session.”
Source: CFA Institute

Study Session 13

“This study session focuses on the characteristics, analysis, and valuation of equity securities. Various equity types including public and private equities are described. The various industry classification approaches for global equities and useful frameworks for conducting industry and individual company analysis are presented. Coverage of the three main equity valuation approaches (present value, multiplier, and asset based) conclude the session.”
Source: CFA Institute

1 Like