about FOF and master-feeder

where can i get information about them? especially product information or prospectus or specification thx very much !!!

Ehrrr, ask the issuer?

I work at a FoF, investment side, not marketing. Are you looking for a particular fund or just general information about the technical strcuture of a FoF and Master Feeders?

Errr - why are you looking at FoF’s? No offense AFJunkie. FoF’s are the lowest form of capital in the hedge fund food. Generally they are short-term oriented / hot money and pretty unsophisticated. I hate using the word “sophisticated” - or un - but I think it’s better than saying they are dumb money. Disclosure: I worked for a FoF (not exactly by choice) so I know the whole scam

I need both information about a particular fund and general information about the technical strcuture of a FoF and Master Feeders. please send to : fang.yuan@howbuy.com thx very much!

So basically your blood got sucked three times( by the management of the underlying companies, the fund managers and the FOF managers) excluding the government tax and the sales commissions?

I also need a copy, can you send it to me as well? yuanwu17@yahoo.com

Are you two related?

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Errr - why are you looking at FoF’s? > > No offense AFJunkie. FoF’s are the lowest form of > capital in the hedge fund food. Generally they > are short-term oriented / hot money and pretty > unsophisticated. I hate using the word > “sophisticated” - or un - but I think it’s better > than saying they are dumb money. > > Disclosure: I worked for a FoF (not exactly by > choice) so I know the whole scam I’m not saying your wrong, what I’m saying is that what you said is irrelevant. You said you work at a FoF, then you must also know that most Hedge Funds are scams too…hell most financial products on this earth are scams (look at CLO/CDOs). You would not believe some of the CRAP, people try to sell as a “Hedge Fund.” But you know what, who cares? You want to change the world? Join Habitat for Humanity. FoFs fit a need and people are willing to pay for it, whether you like it or not. And you cannot deny that fact, look at the amount of capital being allocated to FoFs. FoF’s do give something to clients and making clients precieve that as vital is what makes a sale…business can be extremely lucrative if you have the right marketing staff. Dont beat down on the FoF industy, revel in it!

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not saying your wrong, what I’m saying is that > what you said is irrelevant. You said you work at > a FoF, then you must also know that most Hedge > Funds are scams too…hell most financial > products on this earth are scams (look at > CLO/CDOs). You would not believe some of the CRAP, > people try to sell as a “Hedge Fund.” But you know > what, who cares? You want to change the world? > Join Habitat for Humanity. FoFs fit a need and > people are willing to pay for it, whether you like > it or not. And you cannot deny that fact, look at > the amount of capital being allocated to FoFs. > FoF’s do give something to clients and making > clients precieve that as vital is what makes a > sale…business can be extremely lucrative if > you have the right marketing staff. Dont beat down > on the FoF industy, revel in it! I agree with you on most counts. The huge proliferation of hedge funds over the past 5 years has created a bubble. Even among institutional quality managers - there are some good apples and some bad apples. I’ve attended manager DD sessions where the PM’s advantage was “I used to work on a prop desk so I get good information flow…” Where I just stared at him blankly. And no, I don’t want to change the world. Ive never volunteered for anything and am quite the opposite. Want some money - work for it - no free lunch. But what I would rather not do is make a living as a used car salesman - this is just my own internal ethics. Plus I have personal aspirations to make a living in another part of the industry. Do you know they even have feeders that invest in FoF’s? So I guess you could call them FoF oF’s. I realize that the business is lucrative - but whether or not you work in this sub-set of the industry is a personal choice. The marketing side of the business (at least at my former employer) frequently manipulated data on our portfolio’s and misrepresented a number of things. I can’t consciounably justify charging an investor a fee for at best lax DD and lack of understanding of true investing. It’s pretty simple to conduct DD on a pension fund, super HNW level that they don’t need a bunch of lame consultants or FoF managers telling them which hedge funds are acceptable investments. All it takes is a degree of common sense. It’s not rocket science and sadly many FoF’s can’t even get the common sense part of the equation right.