about world top1%

we know the pass rate is 70% of the top1% score will 93% be top1% so the pass rate will near 65% each year? if anyone get 1% will he recieve some certificate or proof from CFA?

simma

They use a different method now, and no, you wouldn’t get a certificate for being in the top 1%. Wikipedia: The CFA exam utilizes the modified Angoff method which is a commonly-used approach to setting standards for certification and licensure examinations. Subject matter experts review the exam and recommend a minimum passing score for the “just-qualified candidate”. The minimum passing scores are presented to the Board of Governors in a report. The Board of Governors is not bound by this recommendation, but does recognize it as very important information. The model is summarized below: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard-setting_study#Item-centered_studies

I’d just be happy with 71% and getting my charter.

yep. I’d be happy with 69% and an ethics adjustment…

last year was lowest pass rate ever for l3, i believe…i am shooting for 75%

I think 65% can pass I know some people get 7 <50% in AM but still pass good luck

You get over 70% and you pass. For me that is the goal.

The min passing score is def lower then level 1 or 2. High 50s or low 60s would be my guess. I saw so many scores with <50% that if you put that average on a level 2 band you would think it was a band 5/6.

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > we know the pass rate is 70% of the top1% score > will 93% be top1% so the pass rate will near 65% > each year? > if anyone get 1% will he recieve some > certificate or proof from CFA? no certificate but you will receive an email stating it’s time to renew your annual CFA Institute and society membership…

goodman2011 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > we know the pass rate is 70% of the top1% score > will 93% be top1% so the pass rate will near 65% > each year? > if anyone get 1% will he recieve some > certificate or proof from CFA? This USED to be the case, but they use a different method nowadays.

I think I’m done with this regardless of how it goes on June 4th.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I’m done with this regardless of how it > goes on June 4th. ditto.