Actual CFA level 2 exam format

Just a question about the level 2 exam format, for level 1 all the same topics in the AM section were seen in the PM section. Is it the same format for level 2 exam where all the sections show up again in the PM section as well or is it like the CFAI mock exams where once a topic is tested in the AM, it will not be in the PM section. Thanks

Short answer: there are no rules. Each session will likely appear in each test, but test different concepts in a.m. vs. pm. So if you had a heavy dose of Time Series in a.m., my guess would be it will not be tested as heavily in PM. But there’s no way to know with these sadistic people.

If its on the AM session it probably won’t be on the PM. So if you are one of those guys who study during the break that is good news.

Another question: do they label each section as “equity” or “ethics” like the Schweser practice exams do? I found it really helpful at LI to go to my good sections first and then tackle my harder topics but I didn’t know if they do this for LII.

Anyone?

They do label each section.

I dont think there’s any reason to believe something will NOT be on the afternoon test if they are on the morning exam. I cant think of anything from last year, but there’s no rule that says it cannot repeat.

Thanks for the question Aimee ( i came to ask that), and thanks for the answer Smokin’ Anish

caspian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont think there’s any reason to believe > something will NOT be on the afternoon test if > they are on the morning exam. I cant think of > anything from last year, but there’s no rule that > says it cannot repeat. maybe we will get 4 vignettes of just DDM stuff. :0) That would rock.

agree with caspian… there could be one equity question in the morning and two in the afternoon… i think there were some qs like that last year…not safe to assume that one won’t be on the 2nd half because it was on the first…