Actuary Exams

Thx Breadmaker. I’ve taken a gander at Exam P’s syllabus and am familiar with majority of the topics covered. However, I am cognizant that it will require a significant amount of study time. I certainly won’t be underestimating any of the exams. And I realize that I am planning on jumping into this industry a little later than normal, but I am excited about it. I’ve been trying to figure out the ideal blend of math and risk management for quite a while now and realizing that an actuary deals in both is a perfect match for me. In terms of breaking into the industry, I know a few people in the business which will hopefully improve my prospects. My plan is to take the first two exams within the first part of next year, and possibly the third by the end of the year. With two to three exams under my belt, do you think that will be enough to break into the business? I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to stay in touch with you. It would also be nice to share with you my location and vice versa. If you are so inclined, I can be reached via email at supacharja@yahoo.com. Subsequent to any initial contact I will use a more legitimate address. I appreciate your insights and look forward to staying in touch with you.

supacharja, I have been working in the actuarial profession for three years and can tell you about the application of risk management from an actuarial perspective. I am 25 but I am getting my FSA this december. I have consulted for several large clients, including insurance companies and banks. Actually my current project involves working with a bank’s quantitative risk management group in its Wall Street location on different risk management areas. If you are interested in hearing the job market for actuaries in Boston or in NYC, application of actuarial skillset in risk management, compensation or even getting some exam tips I will be glad to share my perspective. I can be reached at dmzh811@gmail.com.