Ad revenue

I wonder what the run rate for this site is

The more important question is whether or not the advertising revenue generates enough extra volume to offset the increase in fixed costs for these poor monolistically competitive companies… gotta keep that ATC down!

This is Oligopoly…

Definitely Oligopoly. Few firms, large barriers to entry (who could write study notes and practice test like these?), similar or differentiated products.

Cartel… :slight_smile: we should ask more to John Nash

Could Stalla and Kaplan merge, cut capacity, and boost prices?

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Could Stalla and Kaplan merge, cut capacity, and > boost prices? Who knows…

There ability to cut quantity and boost price to earn additional revenue depends on how elastic your demand for their books are… (my god we’re nerds!)

I think it is almost a perfect model of cartel…I said almost.

mcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There ability to cut quantity and boost price to > earn additional revenue depends on how elastic > your demand for their books are… > > (my god we’re nerds!) good point, at this stage, I’d stomach a price increase. I am using just the CFAI books _ some flash cards I ordered off KAPLAN and arrive tomorrow

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mcf Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > There ability to cut quantity and boost price > to > > earn additional revenue depends on how elastic > > your demand for their books are… > > > > (my god we’re nerds!) > > > good point, at this stage, I’d stomach a price > increase. I am using just the CFAI books _ some > flash cards I ordered off KAPLAN and arrive > tomorrow I am going throgh my flash cards…they are cool… HUGE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL TO DIGEST…tonight I will have a stomachache!

Maybe I could sell someone the 1 gallon Ziploc size bag of flash cards that I made, that I currently carry around. Of course, you would have to read my chicken scratch.