Advice for economics and quant

i really need advic for these two subjects ,for the secound time in the last 4 months i am not able toreview it ,the main problem for me with the econ is the graphs ,as for the quant the main problem is the part of the hypothesis … any advice on how to approach them, i have stall full package

Re: Hypothesis tests… watch the Peter Olinto video… if it doesn’t click the first time, watch it again. It should click.

econ - do you have access to 2008 CFAi/Stalla econ book? cause they have a very good premilinary reading section which explains the building blocks of all the demand and supply graphs… its a very good fundamental reading for someone who didnt study econ in college Dont get bogged down by Hypothesis, as Dhwit suggested the video of peter olinto on hypo will help you nail it down…

The answer to all economics questions is either marginal revenue or marginal cost.

did not see Olinto videos on youtube…are they available online? thnaks, John

CFA book does a decent job at explaining the graphs. But if you didn’t study econ in college I can see how it would be difficult. One thing that helped me in a lot of my econ classes was Wikipedia. I know a lot of people do not like/use it, but I will swear by it. Whatever the graphs, just type it in and you will get an excellent explanation. The main thing with graphs though is just knowing: 1.)when a shift occurs or a movement along the curve 2.) where total revenue is maximized. This will tell you a lot! Study this (consumer and producer surplus is maximized here as well. It also defines the elasticity of the demand curve.) It is a unique point!!! My main advice is wikipedia. It is quick, easy, and you can print them out and study them when you are bored on the train or eating lunch! Quant: Start by learning and doing a lot of problems calculating St. Dev and variances or data and also portfolios. A lot of questions require these computations in deriving the answer to the question. hope that helps… Good luck!

thank u guys ,

For econ, alot of it is intuitive. Macro, think CNBC and what the talking heads say everyday (I watch this in the morning while eating breakfast). Seperate into monetary and fiscal. Micro, think about your own decisions for purchasing. The decision models are based on assumptions inherent in logical human beings. If price goes up for a good, you want to buy less, depending on elasticity (necessities less elastic, luxuries more elastic). Markets, think utilities as a monopoly, oil companies oligopoly, fashion monopolistic competition, commodities as perfect competition.