Advice - go for Konvexity mock questions

Yeah, CFA_shareholder & ro424 please comment on how does the sectional test stack up against the item sets that are posted on their website.

YES, Please let us know, because I am thinking of doing konvexity problems for this last week before exam day. I am already out of Mock exams, but I still do not feel completely comfortable with the material.

Thank YOU!

How are they when compared to Elan Guide practice questions, does any one has experience of both?

Posted in wrong thread, don’t mind me ~

are the tests online? or can be printed?

i am curious to know abt this one…

I just checked out the Corp Finance sectional and it’s pretty thorough- I’d say it’s up there with Elan - great refresher of all the important points of the corp fin section

This site looks pretty good. Thanks for this.

CFA_shareholder how many Item sets in Corporate Finance? and how many in others such as FRA/Equity?

Thanks for the update

Some imp points

a) Do these sectional exams first- Equity ,FRA, Derivatives, Corp Finance , FI , Ethics

b) Secondly once you are done with all sectionals and CFA mock, do give konvexity Mock exam also. After that the actual CFA exam will look like a walk in the park’’

Good luck

I bought the sectionals from the website and I don’t see any fixed income.

That is the section I really needed help with.

@jack87 - I mailed them regarding this and got a reply that they will be uploading fixed income tests by tomorrow. Let’s hope that they upload by tomorrow.

However, there is one free sectional test for fixed income in the free resources in their March Newsletter. You may go through that test. The link to newsletter is - http://konvexity.com/papers-solutions/Newsletter_Mar_2013_CFA_Level_II.pdf and the link to solutions is http://konvexity.com/papers-solutions/Solutions%20to%20March_2013_Newsletter_Level_II.pdf

That test is based on 2013 syllabus but only 4th item set (Pat Hines) case is not applicable for this year. Rest 4 item sets are from this year’s syllabus only.

Vicky - if I do all of these over the next few days I won’t have any time for a mock exam. Would you advise I just do all the konvexity sectional mock exams? Or do mock exams from Schweser every day instead?

Your thoughts would be appreciated because you beasted the level 2 exam!

People passed by doing EOC and mocks only. Konvexity is just for extra practice.

Agree with umi, there is no comparison of EOC & Mock under exam conditions, but if you wants to strengthen some weak areas this could be a good practice

hi you cannot refer back to the saved test (test already taken)?

Yes i dont think u shd compare with cfa BB or EOC

If u compare prep providers it is 10% of cost of others and better quality

capal bro

u do sectionals till wednesday. Forget scswer tests , i did not find it good

U do CFA mock or konvexity mock on thursday

I would recommend this provider (Konvexity) as long as you are aware of what you are getting.

As of this morning, 13/20 of the Level 2 Sectional Exams have been uploaded. They have reached out to me and told me that they will upload all tests by Tuesday. They refunded me immediately after I asked so I am recommending based on their service.

I did not try the sectional exams but the Free Materials were on par if not better than Schweser.

Good luck all

is someone using these?