Advice needed please

I read scheweser once, taking notes along the way. On my 2nd revision, I rewrote my notes and then did the EOC exam on CFA book. Problem is I’m running out of time, and I’m not sure how to go through my 2nd revision for my remaining topics and still have time to take a mock. I gone through my second revision on everything except 1. Economics 2. Corp finance 3. Derivative 4. Portfolio management Oh I completely skipped Alt investment, and also ethics is halfway read… Really need some solid advice here

So read AI and Ethics…

Don’t underestimate Ethics ever

i would second this. Alts is easy money if you’ve read it.

Problem is I don’t remember much of my first reading. Its the 2nd revision where I retain most of the information… I need advice on how to go through the 2nd revision faster. My 2nd revision consist of rewriting notes and doing EOC questions.

Read your notes if you must. Do more questions. Stop rewriting as it is highly inefficient unless you are rewording and condensing and reworking what you’ve already done, even that is questionable at times.

Otherwise, just do questions and review topics in a targeted manner. You don’t have to remember specifics of a reading, you need to know a big picture before you can fill in details that come by missing practice questions.

rewriting what? when will you have time read it then? I recommend start by briefly reading your flash cards, then get to quickly read the topics you feel you are missing then get to the blue boxes and EOC (you need to retain most of it by first reading)

But reading from either the text or Schweser will be very time consuming for the next 6 days unless you are referring to them for a specific part your missing.

Good luck

I am in a similar position and have these topics left to be reviewed for the second time (barely remember anything I studied first time especially I didn’t do questions back then).

These are left for second review:

Equity

1/2 Corporate Finance

1/2 Econ

1/2 Portfolio

1/2 Derivatives

Alternative

Quant.

Apparently, there is not enough time to go through everything let alone doing questions, so my strategy is to focus on the topics with the biggest weight and try do questions on these and just skim the rest (very quick read that might just give me 50% understanding).

You seem in a bit of better positions given that you have gone through more things for second time. If I were you I’d concentrate on

Corporate and Derivatives given their higher weight, I would also do the heaviest Econ. reading on currency exchange and just skim through the rest (if you have more time you can study them deeper).

At this stage, unfortunately I won’t have time to do any mock exam. Hopefully, you will have time to do one.

Also, what do you mean by you skipped Alternative? like you haven’t read it before. If yes, I’d advice you to just read it quickly, I believe there is a lot of easy marks you would be able to get there by just reading the material (probably concentrate especially on Private Equity, it seems to be the crown Jewell of that reading).

You should do a mock exam under simulated exam conditions to see how you do. Then you need to revisit the areas on that and from your other practice questions where you are most weak. You absolutely have time for mocks, you’re just choosing not to do it.

Honest to god, this is exam is tuff AF. There doesn’t seem to be any easy parts, everything is either hard to understand, or a lot of minute details. I’m on derivatives now and I can’t seem to wrap my head around what I wrote the first time.

I’d like to share a sentence of my note: " no idea what’s going on here but just know this is hard" -_- I’m just going to stay positive, and consume myself with this material until Exam day.

If you read a passage or topic and write notes on it, yet can’t tell someone the big picture of the passage, you’re not doing something correctly. Either you’re not digesting material before taking a note, or you are trying to store details without a conceptual scaffolding to place the details. Writing notes gives people a false sense of security and lulls you into passive transcribing text. Be careful this isn’t what’s happening to you.