Advice Needed..

Right now I’ve done about 3000 Qbank questions and about half the EOC questions. I’ve average 70% on the qbank questions but i have not yet done them in test form. I’ve been doing them 1 study session at a time. Where do I go from here? I signed up for a mock exam this weekend. I’m having a hard time putting everythign together. I plan on studying 4 hours a week day from here on out and 6–8 on the weekends. Also the week before the test I will take off work and put in 10+plus hour days. How do I tie everything else together? So many formulas to remember. Where do I go from here to improve my scores and tie everything together. I’m getting overwhelmed. Do i just starting pounding out practice exams and memorizing the secret sauce? Or hsould I spend more time on the EOC and finish them and do them another time through?

No reason to get overwhelmed; you’re in great shape. Just keep plugging away at the stuff you’re least familiar with… and you’ll be fine.

Here’s an idea. Make a short list (by short, I mean <10) of areas you need to work on. For instance, on my desktop, I have a sticky note that tells me to remember cross-rate bid/ask spread arbitrage, VIE and SPE distinction between GAAP and IFRS, Int’l Fischer-PPP-Int Rate Parity-foreign exchange expectation, etc. Other than that, you’re good.

I think you should focus more time on the EOC’s. Cause its impt to get practice of the new test format and the test will most likely resemble the EOCs and do the q bank for basic questions.

what do you mean by new test format? How is the format of this exam different from level 1?

It’s all item set questions. This means that there is a reading of a couple pages (called a vignette), and then six questions relating to it. There are 10 item sets in the morning and 10 more in the afternoon. It is a less forgiving format as you get tested on less material, so if you don’t know one of the parts being tested, you have less opportunity to make it up.

wow, I had no idea. That sucks. That means there won’t be any of those easy questions, such as definitions and stuff.

Well it goes both ways- if you get lucky and they ask questions about sections you’re good at, it’ll help your chances. Just don’t count on that…

Keep working on those questions. Keep reading and re-reading areas you can improve on. No excuses.

david hetherington speaks???

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > david hetherington speaks??? Yes he does! What he is saying has truth to it.