Advice Needed

Hello everyone, I will complete a BSc in Biotech by the end of the next semester, but I wouldnt like to continue with it as a career… So I was thinking to get CFA (I have CFTe1) will I be able to get a job with CFA level 1, CFTe1 and 2 when I graduate next year in a decent position that qualifies as an experience for the CFA institute membership ?? Getting charted will be very rewarding for me as I am from Egypt and theres less than 100 CFAs in the country what do you guys think about that ??

Can you please elaborate what’s the financial system in Egypt, is it Islamic finance or normal finance. I don’t think CFA will be of much help if it’s Islamic finance. But, dude, stem cells research is much more bullish area than finance.

Bernanke Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you please elaborate what’s the financial > system in Egypt, is it Islamic finance or normal > finance. I don’t think CFA will be of much help if > it’s Islamic finance. > > But, dude, stem cells research is much more > bullish area than finance. the dominant finance system in Egypt is the normal system,I would greatly appreciate your replies guys

Well thats a breath of fresh air, someone who is not in IT or computer science. Benjie, search for ‘IT and computer science transition into finance’, and when youre reading, replace ‘IT and computer science’ with BSc.

hahaha Superior kills me. Benjie, my classmate graduated from a US university with a Bachelors of Arts in Neuroscience and landed a spot on the Biotech ER group at a BB firm and was there for 3 years. She didn’t know any finance, but learned on the job and her firm had her take finance/accounting courses at night. Go ahead and pursue the CFA designation and look for Biotech groups that are hiring. That’s probably your best shot.