Advice to Level II candidate

Did anyone ever take USC/CFALA CFA® Review Program for level II? Is it helpful? How many times did you take to pass level II exam? Thank you very much for your advice and help! I’ll be great appreciated.

1. My guess is that the program is not necessary. Buy some study notes and work your a$$ off. 2. 1 time

i’ve heard good things about a few study sessions in general… but i’d say studying hard is probably better too… the sections i would probably think about taking seminars in would be ethics, FSA and perhaps PM (but guys at work say that you’re often in seminar with people who haven’t cracked the books at all. so it goes slowly… and not totally sure how much a seminar could clarify pensions or translation, which were really painful)

I used the stalla self study course and passed level II on the fisrt try

the only class i’d suggest is john harris’s fsa course, unless you’re feeling pretty good about that section. and no, i don’t work for him. i passed the first time, i think cfai made a mistake.

cfasf1, Funny you would say that I felt the same way. The afternoon section was brutal. I was convinced that I had failed, needless to say the pass came as a pleasant suprise… cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i passed the first time, i think cfai made a > mistake.

level2frmLA, Thanks for the question. I’m debating signing up for USC’s Level II Saturday course after going through the CFA books twice. I’m hoping that this is as good as the Kaplan CFP course; they were able to turn volumes of books into a decent 50 pages of quick tips & easy to remember mnemonics. Also, check out the “Level 1 - Saturday USC/CFALA CFA® Review Program” thread - they seem to have got something out of that one so I’m signing up this week.

level2frmLA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did anyone ever take USC/CFALA CFA® Review Program > for level II? Is it helpful? > > How many times did you take to pass level II > exam? > > Thank you very much for your advice and help! > I’ll be great appreciated. 1. No, I don’t think any class is necessary if you study hard and I don’t think any class will help you if you don’t. With that said, A LOT of people on this board speak very highly of John Harris’s FSA class, but I never took it myself. 2. 1

1. Read CFAI texts and/or Study Notes. Make brief notes as you go along. 2. Do end of chapter questions and QBANK ?'s. 3. Continue QBANK questions/memorize formulas (there were a ton on L2) 4. Take an exam. 5. Work on especially weak areas & mix in QBANK 6. Read Seceret Sauce 10x 7. Take as many tests as you can. 8. Show up for exam. 9. Have a post-exam mental breakdown.
  1. Pray you pass

totally random… but I really like Schweser’s customer service hold music

Elixerseven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > totally random… but I really like Schweser’s > customer service hold music Choosing to bump this thread is more random than the hold music comment.

I love how much time we’re spending discussing this stuff due to our lack of motivation to get started.