Advice

At this point, I have a choice between 2010 schwesers Mock and CFAI’s 2009 mock exams to do. Which one should take priority?

cfai

anybody else?

CFAI.

Definitely CFAI

CFAI

I am doing CFAI mock right now. Let me know how you are doing on it. I just completed the first two vignetts (ethics) and scored 10 out of 12. Now working on the third one.

Toughen up and do both.

At this point If I were you I would only review what I have already done. and memorize formula, lists. I can’t take anything new at this time.

Thanks guys. My mind is fried. I want to do one more exam and then tomorrow review formulas and concepts. How does that sound ? Ashwin, which one are you doing?

At this point there is no value in doing more multiple choice questions. The PM exam was very easy ( I took it in 2008). Most people who failed did bad on the AM. If I were you I would review the end of chapter problems instead, and do not touch Schweser at this point.

If you bought the multimedia thing from Schweser, that is the only reason to take schweser. Even the format is awkward. But the review might be helpful, especially if there are some spots your shaky on. OTOH, if you’re burnt, it is a lot more passive and easy to just watch a video to review a problem, but the results aren’t as good.

inbead Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > At this point If I were you I would only review > what I have already done. and memorize formula, > lists. > > I can’t take anything new at this time. +1… doing something knew will only piss me off if I do poor… I am looking over everything I have done so far… concentrating on 2007-2009 mocks

derswap07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks guys. My mind is fried. I want to do one > more exam and then tomorrow review formulas and > concepts. > How does that sound ? > > Ashwin, > > which one are you doing? I am about to finish 2010a CFAI mock exam. It’s not bad. I will do IPS practice next and then tomorrow, like you, will review formulas, concepts and examples (yes I had to memorize certain examples even with the numbers in them. I know, it’s sick).

Ashwin, I had problems with q 17, 43, 49 and 59. 2010 CFAI Mock (free one) If you are ok with those, I would like to read you reasoning because I did not get them. Other q are ok though.

MMGWK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you bought the multimedia thing from Schweser, > that is the only reason to take schweser. Even the > format is awkward. But the review might be > helpful, especially if there are some spots your > shaky on. OTOH, if you’re burnt, it is a lot more > passive and easy to just watch a video to review a > problem, but the results aren’t as good. I have bought mutlimedia- is it good ? worth watching now?

What’s the better review for the morning. CFAI EOC or old exams?

Bradleyz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s the better review for the morning. CFAI > EOC or old exams? old exams, definitely.

derswap07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ashwin, > > I had problems with q 17, 43, 49 and 59. 2010 CFAI > Mock (free one) > > If you are ok with those, I would like to read you > reasoning because I did not get them. Other q are > ok though. 17: Think of it this way. You pay option price AT THE TIME of buying a call option ($30). You counter party has this money, the price of THE CALL OPTION in the market place is $35, and your counter party defaults. Now you have to replace this call option at existing market price (may be because you are short the underlying). Therefore, your credit risk, as a result of this potential default, is $35. $30 is a sunk cost. 43: I got this one wrong and still don’t have any clue what the heck they are talking about in the explanation of the answer. May be some smarty pant can chime in here…? 49: I’ve got this one right but not with the same logic as CFAI. Think of it this way. You borrow 40% of your client’s portfolio at 4.25% and invest it at 7.4%. That means you are allowing your client to make 1.26% more ((40%*(7.4% - 4.25%)). So now your client will make total return of 8,66% (7.4% + 1.265). By the way, there is a minor errata on this question. 59: The answer has been changed to B instead of A in CFAI errata. Let me know if any of the above explanation helped.

Ashwin, $9 and 59 are cleared. but still confused about the option. 30 is a premium or the MV of stock? THanks for your response.