Advisory internship vs. taking Cfa level 2

Hi, I recently got my internship in advisory at big 4 and passed my CFA level 1 in feb. It’s been told to me that since I’m the only one who is accepted to this internship, it would be full time offer in September, but also subtly told that I should choose between my CFA level 2 and internship. What is more valuable for my further career? Should I go for 3 months internship and go for level 2 in 22’ or should I go and take full time offer and take a pause with CFA journey? I’m afraid if I make longer pause with CFA, that I won’t have enough motivation and time to go for it.

Do the internship. You will get some great experience that will make Level II a walk in the park when you are ready to take it.

2 Likes

If you can do both, do both. Most people who take CFA have full-time jobs, and have to make tough trade-offs with other commitments, hobbies, and a social life.

But if you really have to choose, it’s 100% the internship. You standing out in an internship and developing a network there, will be much more valuable than getting your CFA one year earlier than you otherwise would. You don’t have to be in a super-rush to get CFA, it’ll still be there.

2 Likes

For my 2 cents, do the internship if you have to choose and you want to work there. You can take level 2 while working. If this is a great work opportunity, go ahead and get it and take level 2 afterwards. You can take level 2 several times a year now, it’s easier to balance. Even if you need to take some time before you’re able to reapproach it.

2 Likes