AF Fantasy Football League

Sounds incredible… let me know if there’s enough room for me to be in

i guess we can split into veteran and rookie leagues…veteran will prob be higher $$$$

I nominate myself into the rookie league - 10-20 is my max.

Ok, I’ve had a look, Yahoo and NFL.com is blocked at my work, however I can get on CBS, ESPN, but am not really fussed as I can do it all at home anyways. So, a couple of decisions here… Auction vs Draft? Personally I think Auction is better as everyone has equal opportunity for all players… But am easy either way… 1 league or 2? Looks like Espn can have up to 20 teams in a league, just depends what everyone thinks, sounds like we can find enough for two, or get by with one… Commish? I don’t mind doing it, but if King_Kong is the expert, you are more than welcome, as I haven’t done it before… As for point system, I’m not sure to be honest, have only really played once before so if anyone has preference let me know… NorthernCFA ASSet_MANagement jcole21 Chuckrox8 higgmond Mr Pink pupdawg82 rhyme packattack4 thommo77 mar350 numi king_kong sasdf CF_AHHHHH PatsFan2001 Looks like we have 16 at the moment, I guess it would be better if we can get to 24 or so and have 2 leagues, but can probably accommodate everyone in one league now… Thoughts???

Maybe toss this on the gd general discussion area to get another few folks? I’d guess we can get to 24 over there.

Hey guys, I’d definitely be down for a fantasy football league. Would be happy to be commissioner but am also fine with anyone else taking that role. I’m thinking if it’s more than 14 teams, we should have two separate leagues…assuming we have enough teams to fill that…

Seems like we have a lot of interest here. As others have suggested, maybe we should split up into two leagues, a rookies and a veterans league. For the veterans league, to make it competitive but still fun I would suggest a buy-in of about $25-50. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Also, I would gladly be the commissioner but if others would be more comfortable with a better known AFer like Numi handling those duties that’s fine with me. Lastly, we should figure out a good time to hold the draft. A 12 team auction draft on ESPN should take about 1.5-2 hours so I’m thinking around 9pm EST on a weeknight would be best for the majority of the people in the league. If there are any west coasters that need it pushed back maybe we can do it even later.

well we seem to have 16 so far so we could do two 8-team leagues, maybe let them max at 12. KK - want to comish the pro league? I’m in for $50. I prefer Yahoo! just because my other leagues use it. I also vote for letting it be as open as possible (unlimited trades, maybe two flexes, etc.) because I stand for free market fundamentals. Monday night, 8/23 @ 9pm EST works best for me.

I’ll be in Scandinavia from August 21-29, but late evenings any other day would be fine with me. Thanks…

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll be in Scandinavia from August 21-29, but late > evenings any other day would be fine with me. > Thanks… Comforting Elin Woods?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ll be in Scandinavia from August 21-29, but > late > > evenings any other day would be fine with me. > > Thanks… > > > Comforting Elin Woods? Thoroughly managing her portfolios.

Ok so I set up the league on Yahoo. I tried to do ESPN but there are certain settings that aren’t as flexible. Those of you who are blocked from using Yahoo can manage your team at home or use Yahoo’s free fantasy app on your cell phone. I think $50 is a reasonable buy-in to keep things competitive but still fun. In order to make things easier organizationally and to facilitate trash talking, I would suggest everyone name their fantasy team their AF handle. I kept most of the default settings except I added a W/R flex spot and 1 point per reception. If you are interested in joining the league, please reply with your email and any dates you CAN NOT draft (i.e. you are out of the country without internet access). If you don’t want to post your real email address on the forum, you can create a temporary one on yahoo or gmail that you can delete right after I send you the invite. Please only join the league if you are willing to pay the $50 entrance fee. I will set up a fantasysportsvault account later today and make sure everyone pays before the draft. The draft is tentatively scheduled for August 31st at 9pm EST but is flexible and we will decide on a better date/time if there is a conflict. EDIT: With 12 teams and $50 we’d have a total prize pool of $600. I’d suggest a payout of $400 to the champion, $100 to 2nd place, $50 to 3rd place, and $50 to the team with the highest point total in the regular season.

Anyone want to create another league for the less experienced (and with lower buy-in)?

sasdf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone want to create another league for the less > experienced (and with lower buy-in)? Less experienced here and don’t really want a buy in.

I think most people here are fairly inexperienced so maybe a lower buy in ($10) and winner take all would be more appropriate. Keep it fun, but not insanely competitive as some people will not have access to yahoo at work. I think everybody can afford 10 bones. I know this is peanuts for the winner, but this should be more of a fun league for finance geeks.

I recommend a $20 buyin. Still pretty low but 160 vs 320 is like practically double.

I’ll say this upfront, I don’t have a problem with a buy-in but if it is not collected upfront, I’m not paying at the end of the season. I’d also be fine with lowering it to make it more accessible, although I’d still be in if it were $50. Got screwed on a pool that I won last year (with people from an AF-related board) where only one person paid up at the end.

guys, $50 really isn’t that much. considering the season will be going through Dec (for most, possibly all), that’s just $12.50/month. the upfront payment is to guage and retain interest more than anything else. there are leagues that cost $500+ to join just for reference. these people are pretty dedicated. what happened to those guys who pay for everything on dates!?!?!?

Mr. Pink - I agree 100%, I can’t tell you how many times I have been in fantasy leagues where no one pays because it is collected at the end. It is imperative to have people pay upfront before it is mid-season and they know that their team is crap and have no chance of winning. That is why I will be setting up an account for the league at fantasysportsvault and not let anyone draft until their buy-in is paid. It sounds like there isn’t much interest at the $50 level. I think $25 is a reasonable amount to make the payouts still significant enough for it to be worth everyones while. I’d suggest lowering the entrance fee to that. Again, post your email if you’re interested in joining so I can send you the invitation with the league id and password.

I am cool with any amount. $25 is fine. thommo77@hotmail.com