AF needs moderators?

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > So in the general forum, you are supposed to talk > about things like which calculator to buy and what > to expect on test day. > topher, that question has already been answered, it’s the TI BA II and you can get it here: Karan Sports And Stationers Shop No: 27 DDA Shopping Centre Ber Sarai (Ber Sarai Market) New Delhi-16 Phone: 26526163 Cost INR 3,600/- with bill.

^ LOL didn’t see that joke came back on AF.

Guys who said this site is strictly for discussing CFA related topics, take a look at the link below. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,796091,page=1 I am sure Samir Kuntar has nothing to do with the CFA program, but that thread has not been nuked. I can think of a lot threads where topics totally unrelated to CFA have been discussed. The real question is why some threads unrelated to CFA are allowed to stand while others get deleted.

Exactly! And hence the call for moderators to actively participate and post on this forum!! The only threads that should be removed (as per my understanding) are those which violate the following rules: " AnalystForum may at any time, without notice and at our sole discretion, remove or edit any message for violating the following Message Board Rules. As a member of the AnalystForum community, you may not: - Post any content that is abusive, obscene, hateful, vulgar, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person; - Post or transmit any material that you don’t have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright, trade secret or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements); - Post offers to sell, offers to purchase, transmit, or link to any advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation; - Post or transmit information that is intentionally deceptive or deceitful; - Post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit or other objectionable material; - Impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity." If they want only CFA program related posts, then they should probably remove these rules and simply state that “As a member of the AnalystForum community, you may not post anything that is not CFA Program/Finance related”. It is clear that the policy is ambiguous and users interpret them differently. My call for Mods to participate here was only based on the understanding that it is probably not possible to have a clear-cut policy as a lot of discretion would be required in determining what is appropriate and what is not. @Part-time Crook/JOE2010, Get a life!

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Part-time Crook/JOE2010, > > Get a life! These guys are such troublemakers. : )

Wrong, Sub! They are the trouble! :stuck_out_tongue:

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Exactly! And hence the call for moderators to > actively participate and post on this forum!! > > > The only threads that should be removed (as per my > understanding) are those which violate the > following rules: > > > " AnalystForum may at any time, without notice and > at our sole discretion, remove or edit any message > for violating the following Message Board Rules. > > As a member of the AnalystForum community, you may > not: > > - Post any content that is abusive, obscene, > hateful, vulgar, fraudulent, threatening, > harassing, defamatory, or which discloses private > or personal matters concerning any person; > - Post or transmit any material that you don’t > have the right to transmit under law (such as > copyright, trade secret or securities) or under > contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as > nondisclosure agreements); > - Post offers to sell, offers to purchase, > transmit, or link to any advertising, promotional > materials, or other forms of solicitation; > - Post or transmit information that is > intentionally deceptive or deceitful; > - Post, transmit, or link to sexually explicit or > other objectionable material; > - Impersonate any person, or falsely state or > otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a > person or entity." > > > > > If they want only CFA program related posts, then > they should probably remove these rules and simply > state that “As a member of the AnalystForum > community, you may not post anything that is not > CFA Program/Finance related”. > > > It is clear that the policy is ambiguous and users > interpret them differently. My call for Mods to > participate here was only based on the > understanding that it is probably not possible to > have a clear-cut policy as a lot of discretion > would be required in determining what is > appropriate and what is not. > > > @Part-time Crook/JOE2010, > > Get a life! Probably if you said “I get a razor” you would sound more creative. Loser.

“Probably if you said “I get a razor” you would sound more creative. Loser.” haha. Old Joe is back!

JOE2010 is a funny guy.