AF needs moderators?

So another thread of mine nuked - the one on Gillette Mach 3! :frowning: This has not really happened for the first time. AF Team proudly declares “We don’t have a long list of fine print, but what we do have is not negotiable”, however I can’t see one violation of their rules and yet the threads get removed! 1. If there is no “fine print”, then the thread should have stayed probably. 2. At least some E-mail communication could have been sent to the posters on that thread. 3. This happens quite often and in fact with some really interesting and popular posts. If AFers do not want to view such stuff, they would have complained, none did! I believe that some of the regular posters/somebody else should be appointed as Moderators who can be reached in case we want to get some clarifications. These moderators can also have discretionary authority as to what is appropriate and what is not to remain here. And they should be accessible by Email/a dedicated thread/pm etc. ps: Request administrators to let this thread stay here till the time we have heard the feedback from community. Later you can remove this thread also if you wish so.

Bye now anupamjain008

^LOL On a serious note, I concur. AF is using an outdated forum script that doesn’t even have a PM function. A license of VBulletin isn’t really that expensive

What in the world does a razor have to do with finance? This board is set up to discuss CFA related topics not whatever pops into your head at any given moment.

IT would be nice if posts rather than threads could be deleted.

^I concur, plus if it’s so much hassle why not just create an off-topic forum?

We should have a women only section, pics mandatory.

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >These moderators can also > have discretionary authority as to what is > appropriate and what is not to remain here. > I think discretionary authority was just enforced on your thread.

AF needs moderators? Posted by: anupamjain008 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: November 10, 2009 05:43AM So another thread of mine nuked - the one on Gillette Mach 3! :frowning: ------------ Do you realize you just created a thread that basically says that moderators are doing their job? They created rules on this site - the moderators are following the rules and enforcing them. good one anupamjain . . .

I am not surprised that the thread was nuked, but surprised that the OP is indeed surprised that a thread on razors was nuked. Geez, how do some of this posters look like in real world?

LBriscoe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What in the world does a razor have to do with > finance? This board is set up to discuss CFA > related topics not whatever pops into your head at > any given moment. The razors and blades strategy is a famous business model that has been applied to other areas of business such as printers and ink cartridges.

I like the layout of this forum. It’s barebones, providing just enough functionality to get things done. Moreover, neither HTML or PM is allowed, which helps to minimize tomfoolery. This place is like an HP12C, but for the web.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LBriscoe Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > What in the world does a razor have to do with > > finance? This board is set up to discuss CFA > > related topics not whatever pops into your head > at > > any given moment. > > > The razors and blades strategy is a famous > business model that has been applied to other > areas of business such as printers and ink > cartridges. Agree, let’s apply the five forces and analyze!

Lol succcchh response! Okay folks I was just plain dead bored here in office and had no work to do since my boss is off to France for a week. Apologies and only CFA program related discussion on this Board from now on! :expressionless:

ozzie123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^I concur, plus if it’s so much hassle why not > just create an off-topic forum? I thought this was the off-topic forum. I don’t see what discussing maturbating on the weekends and Fidelity jokes have to do with the CFA program. When I want to discuss the tests I go to the appropriate forum. “General Discussion” should be a place for off-topic discussions for the AF community, and I believe it is for the most part. Just because we’re on a CFA board doesn’t mean it’s all we should talk about. We shouldn’t even be limited to just posting about finance. Could you imagine how boring it would be? /should turn this board into the 4chan of finance nerds

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought this was the off-topic forum. > When I want to discuss the tests I go to the > appropriate forum. “General Discussion” should be > a place for off-topic discussions for the AF > community, and I believe it is for the most part. > > Just because we’re on a CFA board doesn’t mean > it’s all we should talk about. We shouldn’t even > be limited to just posting about finance. Could > you imagine how boring it would be? Yeah - I completely agree. I think they used to have an “off-topic” section on AF a few years ago.

Yeah, I was kind of under the impression that the General Discussion board was for anything and everything. The level 1, 2, & 3 boards are for the tests. That being said, its not surprising that stuff gets nuked, there’s some pretty offensive posts out there (not that I take offense to any of it, but i could see how someone would!)

anupamjain008 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Apologies and only CFA program related discussion > on this Board from now on! :expressionless: Yeah dude! You just come here with your personal stories which have nothing to do with finance. Jeeez.

JOE2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am not surprised that the thread was nuked, but > surprised that the OP is indeed surprised that a > thread on razors was nuked. > > Geez, how do some of this posters look like in > real world? Probably not as handsome as you, lol.

If you click on the General link, it says: A place to discuss the CFA® exam in general. So in the general forum, you are supposed to talk about things like which calculator to buy and what to expect on test day. They used to have an off-topic forum but Chad discontinued it because it was taking up too much bandwidth or something like that. Also, I don’t think there will be any moderators or stickies or PM’s or anything like that for the foreseeable future b/c Chad maintains this site by himself (I think), and it’s too much work to have all those features.