AF Timeline

First, there was AF Off-Topic. It was a good place to discuss where to eat in Singapore, who the best baseball player was, etc. Then, there was AF Off-Topic. Became a place for people to sponsor “name my new breast implants” contests and post links to racy photos (I think; I never followed any of those links). Then, Chad eliminated AF Off-Topic leaving only General Discussion. Then Chad adds Hook-up and everyone is confused because this seems very racy. Imagine the general disappointment when we found out he meant study groups. Then Chad adds Back Office. Because he hid the button in an obscure place, nobody goes there. Then all conversations in General Discussion seem to devolve into discussion about the Chinese.

and yet we are still here. did you get anything going on your startup? I am involved in startup and raising capital is very difficult. our team came from multi $B fund and have outstanding returns… no one wants to give money to the little guys making the money.

willsucceed Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and yet we are still here. did you get anything > going on your startup? I am involved in startup > and raising capital is very difficult. > > our team came from multi $B fund and have > outstanding returns… no one wants to give money > to the little guys making the money. Would you mind giving us a rough sense of what the backgrounds of the founders are? i.e, MBA, CFA, PhD, where they went to school, how much experience & what type, that sort of thing. I’m hoping to launch my own fund in the next couple of years and am always interested in what sort of backgrounds succeed in launching well – obviously it’s tougher than normal to get capital these days, but you would think that “outstanding returns” would open some doors. Thanks.

Duke undergrad in chemical engineering, Wharton buz’ness school, former VP of JP Morgan interest rate strategy.

VP? That’s it…? Did he graduate with a literature major from UPenn…? :slight_smile:

no, he majored in crew kiddo