AFers in Singapore during June?

Hi All, I will be in Singapore from June 2-5 just hanging out. I will be staying with a friend but will have most of the day to sight-see and wander the city on my own. Some sites I have identified are: - Singapore Zoo - Botanical Gardens - Flight Experience Singapore - Singapore Flyer - Orchard Road - Clarke Quay - Lau Pa Sat - National Orchid Garden - Chinatown - Original Walking Tour (might be a good way for me to see Singapore and meet other expats) - Bath Culture Foot Therapy (need some relaxation after all my walking) I realize this might be ambitious for a 4-day trip, so I was curious how some of you might prioritize these attractions, especially ones that are relatively close to one another. Also, can anyone recommend good places to eat and other main attractions I didn’t mention above? I will be on my own for most of the day, but I don’t have any aversion to eating by myself or engaging with local people. Also, where is some of the best nightlife, especially in terms of laid-back places like lounges, salsa clubs, and stuff like that? Lastly, if any AFer’s are around in Singapore and want to meet up, feel free to drop me a line. Thanks so much for your help – I always appreciate feedback from fellow AnalystForum users as many of you are more well-traveled than myself.

Don’t forget Geylang and Orchid Towers, since you said you’re going to be alone :wink:

Hahah! I didn’t know what those are but just looked them up. Are they safe if I have a girlfriend already? Perhaps not… Anyway, are you going to be in Singapore then sparty? If so, we should definitely meet up.

Yea, its gonna be safe being that it’s Singapore. I’ve heard the government does regular check-ups to make sure they are all good to go (can’t give you first hand experience unfortunately). It’s a big revenue generator for the country, competing with Thailand as well, so pretty sure the government will do its best to see that people keep coming back. I’ll be Singapore also, from 3-10th. But 6th is the exam, so don’t know how much time I might have. I’ll email you anyways. Maybe by that time you can let me know bout Geylang…haha

Yea, its gonna be safe being that it’s Singapore. I’ve heard the government does regular check-ups to make sure they are all good to go (can’t give you first hand experience unfortunately). It’s a big revenue generator for the country, competing with Thailand as well, so pretty sure the government will do its best to see that people keep coming back. I’ll be Singapore also, from 3-10th. But 6th is the exam, so don’t know how much time I might have. I’ll email you anyways. Maybe by that time you can let me know bout Geylang…haha