After the exam?

I’m going to stay up for 24 hours straight arguing the answer to questions with other AFers…NOT

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m going to stay up for 24 hours straight arguing > the answer to questions with other AFers…NOT C’mon now…yes you are.

I just built a new house and we don’t have internet at home yet, so I’m sorry…I just won’t be able to.

I’m in boston, come on over, I have wifi

Actually there’s a good chance my sister inlaw will be in the hospital after delivering twins (either c-section or inducement next week), so my post exam activities will probably involve a visit to them. As the years go on (like goes to eleven) the disconnect between “I’m going to get wasted” and falling asleep on the couch is growing farther apart.

I’ll get a job as a high class hooker

Need a pimp?

You know it

Have you decided on a working name yet?

NvanCandidate do you think the CIM is any good?

florinpop Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > NvanCandidate > do you think the CIM is any good? CIM is essentially needed if you are to work as a PM or associate PM without a CFA in Canada. If you want to be registered as PM or work as PM then I say it is worthed for sure. It will also help with L3 CFA a bit. You need CIM + CFA L1 to be able to be registered with BCSC (BC Sec. Commission) here in Vancouver. For me its totally worth the few weeks of studying since I am not sure when I am going to finish this damn CFA. I already have my CFP so I can fast track to getting my CIM by taking a short version of WME (Wealth Management Essentials) and PMT (Portfolio Management Techniques) (so total of 2 exams 3hrs each and 1, 1.5 hr exam) You can write these exams back to back in one week and I am planning on doing that so I can have the CIM by end of June…

I passed the cfp exam in june but I am not that exciting on taking one more exam that applies just to canada. I don’t know the exact requirements here in Ontario for that stuff and frankly I am far away from such a job…

allépourpêcher - I would go with “Smarshy” I think it sounds kind of slutty :)~

Dude she isn’t a tranny.

florinpop Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I passed the cfp exam in june but I am not that > exciting on taking one more exam that applies just > to canada. > I don’t know the exact requirements here in > Ontario for that stuff and frankly I am far away > from such a job… Do you hold the CFP or doing your work experience right now? You do know that CFP is now globally recognized right? At least I am 100% sure it is recognized in the US… Also if you can handle the quick read through 2 books and 3 small exams, CIM might add quite a bit of value to your Resume as you already have L1 CFA. As I mentioned before the fact that you can be registered as Associate PM would separate your resume from others if you were to apply for any Wealth Management Positions, be it even as an assistant (not sure where in your career you are, so just a general comment here).

Smarshy a name only for guys? I thought it was more gender neutral.

N.VanCandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > florinpop Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > NvanCandidate > > do you think the CIM is any good? > > > CIM is essentially needed if you are to work as a > PM or associate PM without a CFA in Canada. > If you want to be registered as PM or work as PM > then I say it is worthed for sure. It will also > help with L3 CFA a bit. > You need CIM + CFA L1 to be able to be registered > with BCSC (BC Sec. Commission) here in Vancouver. > > For me its totally worth the few weeks of studying > since I am not sure when I am going to finish this > damn CFA. I already have my CFP so I can fast > track to getting my CIM by taking a short version > of WME (Wealth Management Essentials) and PMT > (Portfolio Management Techniques) (so total of 2 > exams 3hrs each and 1, 1.5 hr exam) > You can write these exams back to back in one week > and I am planning on doing that so I can have the > CIM by end of June… NVan Candidate, You’ll ace the CIM, it’s super easy once you’ve done Level 1. my advice, enrol, book the exams WME about 2 weeks out, one on the Friday, the next on the Monday. PMT about a week later. the main difference is re acquainting yourself with the Canadian rules and peculiarities

NvanCandidate I don’t know about the CFP being globally accepted then thing is that I don’t have the designation now since I still don’t have the work requirement fullfilled but all I can say is that they told me I couldn’t apply for the designation if I wasn’t in Canada at the time. Which I think is crap. I mean if I have the experience and I have the exam passed why do they care? they still get the membership fees