age until CFA completion....

Do you all think 29 is old for obtaining the CFA designation? What is the avg age of CFA holders?

No i don’t think 29 is old. I don’t know the average age, but remember that some charterholders may have 20+ years of experience.

I’m going to be way older than that…I’m working on a 12 year plan to complete the charter.

I think avg age from googling it is 31… Yes I know most charterholders have 10+ years experience. I’m 26 and don’t have an MBA, hoping to get it by 29 then go back to grad school…

Yes it is. Tough luck, old fart.

“Do you all think 29 is old for obtaining the CFA designation?” Yes… You are wayyyyyy too old.

But some are young also… Many schools have classes preparing to the CFA. And for my part I’m 23 just strating in Asset Mgt and preparing CFA. I’d like to get it at 25 or 26 (Before Wife…Children… Step Mum…) Ciao

According to a question in Schweser, the mean age of all CFA candidates is 28 years.

minocfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > According to a question in Schweser, the mean age > of all CFA candidates is 28 years. the median matters more

JoeyD said he got his charter in his late 30s. Seriously, why should it even matter?

Plenty of geezers on AF: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,596083

holy crap, those are some geezers… if i ever got that old i’d kill myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I am 41 yrs. old , and pursuing the Level 1 in Dec.2008. So if I can pass the three levels without any failures, I will be 45 yrs. old by the time I get the charter. Seriously, do you guys thisnk that I am too old to pursue this road ? is it worth it ? I am a fund accountant, and thought that obtaining the CFA will help me get into a finance job, like an ER or similar kinds of jobs… is this doable or I am kind of dreamer here ? Do employers really care about the age of the job candidates ? if yes, do the 40s of age considered not desirable in finance jobs ? I always heared about what is so called mid-life career change. Any inputs will be much appreciated… Thanks

37 for me.