Age? What time do you wakeup/go to sleep?

I’m 22 years old. My alarm usually goes off around 5:00-5:15am, I usually veg out in the bed on my laptop watching CNBC and I’m out of bed by 5:30-5:45am. I’m usually in the bed with the lights and TV off by 12:00-12:15am, every now and then 12:45-1am. I usually catch up on sleep by sleeping in on weekends until 8-10am, depends if I went out the night before, and it’s not that my job is that important, it’s that my commute sucks.

I wish I could do that…I too get up at 5am, but I go to bed at 10. Not a chance I could survive on 5 hours sleep.

usually sleep around 1:15AM and wake up at 7AM, but this definitely catches up with me towards the end of the week and it’s not fun. i can’t survive on less than 6 hours of sleep like i used to…maybe a sign of getting old

numi, how are things? Sorry I never got back to you in the spring, quit my job, took the summer off to golf and re-charge. Anything new on the job hunt/change?

When you hit your 40’s you won’t be able to do that anymore…

Agreed- I’m just starting out as a fund acct so in essence I don’t have a real job (bored out of my mind). If I had a real one that was strenuous I’m sure I’d go to bed much earlier.

I get to bed around 10-11. I get up 4:45-5:00 drive to the gym and do my daily workout (most weekdays) from 6-7. I walk from the gym to work and arrive around 7:20. Trust me, it wears on ya. Sometimes I get to bed around 9 to make up for fatigue. I’m in a back office role too. So I know how that bordom spell hits ya.

usually in bed around 12:30-1:00 am and wake up at 7:30 am with a half hour commute to work.

Ok, now I feel really pathetic. I wake up at 6am, get ready by 7am and commute 1 hour to work. I get off work at 5, get to the gym by 5:45 and work out for 1.5+ hours (4 days/week), then I get to sleep around 9:45. Why the heck do I need so much sleep?

Yep, the 1 hour commute is why I’m planning on moving into an apartment that’s .1 miles to work. I usually run on about 35-40 hours of sleep per week.

If I get 7 hours I feel great. When work gets more hectic and CFA studying kicks in, it’s usually more like 5 hours a night which is not so fun.

Got to bed around 10:30 and wake up at 6. If I get less than 7 hours of sleep, I’m feeling it. I wish I could run on empty like some people I know can.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > numi, how are things? Sorry I never got back to > you in the spring, quit my job, took the summer > off to golf and re-charge. > > Anything new on the job hunt/change? what are you up to now turk?

Took a flier on a smaller firm, basically same position as old firm, structuring closed end funds and flow-throughs. Due to the size of the firm, I’m getting to see a few different sides, some corporate finance/merchant banking stuff as well. Has definite promise, we’ll see how it goes.

Current I am sleeping by 11-12 and up by 6:30. I used to sleep by 1 and get up by 6. After a while it just got to be routine.

Im 20. since like grade 9 until last year i would be getting 3-5 hours of sleep at night EVEN ON WEEKENDS…ya it sucked, but i did it to myself. yesterday i climbed into bed at 10:30 and got out of bed at 5:45…so ive made a LARGE improvement

how did the exam go for you turkish? I’m still looking to jump soon, maybe to T.O. if need be

It’s a re-write for me. Gotta say, I was surprised, the exam was what I expected. Have you been job hunting?

Hey Turk, thanks for the message, I will write to you more when I get home to update you on things…good to see you around again. glad you were able to take some time off this summer…i definitely could have taken more time off myself as things are really hectic these days

“i definitely could have taken more time off myself as things are really hectic these days” couldn’t agree more, after lounging around for 3 months, i have no idea where the last 3 weeks have gone…i was not prepared for 75 hour work weeks again.