So…the guys that did it in 1.5 years, I assume you didn’t study for level 1?

in the 24, 1.5yr camp as well…

damn, I feel old as a mid-to-late 20-something. 3/3 baby. show me the money!!!

33: 3 for 3 (Interesting numerology I guess) I usually don’t like posts like this because the 3-for-3 statement comes close to gloating, but I wanted to let everyone know that no matter what your circumstances are, you can do this. Since starting the CFA I have had 2 children, moved twice, and have changed jobs 3x. Plus I totally bombed undergrad by my own slothfulness and disinterest, but have bounced back and have since earned my MBA and am interviewing for a Bank Presidency job. This is in no way meant to pat myself on the back. It’s just that if there are those out there who think that circumstances and past failures define what you are and what you can do. Don’t quit. Figure out what you want to do and persevere. There are no limits to your own potnetial.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So…the guys that did it in 1.5 years, I assume > you didn’t study for level 1? Maybe it come across as cocky typing 3 for 3 in 1.5 years (it was actually 2 years if you count the months studying for L1), but to be honest, I think the CFA designation is overrated and if I had to do it again I would have done something else with the 1000 + hours I’ve spent on it. I don’t claim to be a genius, I overstudied for all 3 levels. I don’t have a family to support nor do I work crazy hours. I don’t feel any more knowledgeable than the people in this forum who helped me out a great deal when I had questions. Passing these exams will not advance my career in the short run. Maybe if it helps me land a job I want in the long run I might think it was worth it at the end.

what’s the point of this post, by the way?

34 - 7 years! 2002- passed L1 2003 - failed L2 2004 - did not take 2005 - passed L2 2006 - did not take 2007 - failed L3 2008 - passed L3

24 2 for 2. Only one more year to GO-ALL-THE-WAY…

39 / 3 years. In a few weeks, I won’t be 39 anymore. :-/

i am 27 4/3

29, 3 for 3.

23, 3 for 3

22 3 for 3

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 39 / 3 years. > > In a few weeks, I won’t be 39 anymore. :-/ Feels good to have an old geezer like me-self …I should change my login to GrandPa

28, 3 for 3

29 years old… level I December '06 level II June '07 level III June '08 Passed all…obviously. but still can’t get a job. i don’t know if the joke’s on them or if it’s on me…

24… L1 - Jun 06 L2 - Jun 07 L3 - Jun 08

you guys make me feel so old :slight_smile: 40 years, 4 attempts (failed L2 once)

1. Passed L1: 2001 L2: 2005 L3: 2008 3 fails at L2. Skipped one year when I realized it was hopeless. 2 fails at L3. Was it all worth it? Yes.

Kudos to Lvl8…