Airfare trends

I need to book a round-trip flight for February. Is there any reason to believe that the price for such a flight is going to drop after the new year or is it pretty much a gamble?

KAYAK

Or more specifically to the question, farecast.com. Kayak is a good site though.

thanks csk & nakedputs farecast doesn’t cover YYZ to my destination, but when i put in ontario airport it says that i should wait

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I need to book a round-trip flight for February. > Is there any reason to believe that the price for > such a flight is going to drop after the new year > or is it pretty much a gamble? General rule of thumb, less time to your flight, more expensive tickets will get. However, based on Revenue/Yield Management class I took, you should always try to get tickets exactly 31 days before your flight (unless you want to book them several months beforehand). It has to do with the pricing strategy airlines implement. I don’t remember the exact reasoning, but Google should yield more on this topic. Also, as CSK mentioned, kayak.com will almost always show you the best deal you can get for a specific route for any future date.

I always sign up for airfarewatchdog’s e-mail list a couple months before a flight and unsubscribe once I’ve booked. Kayak is good, but airfarewatchdog hooks you up with new offers daily.

thanks everyone supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks csk & nakedputs > > farecast doesn’t cover YYZ to my destination, but > when i put in ontario airport it says that i > should wait turns out ontario airport is actually in ontario california and not ontario canada