Alcohol Free Sept

Right now I am doing an alcohol free September. No booze whatsoever. I do this from time to time to see where I am health wise. I’ve noticed that my desire to eat bad food has been cut to nothing. I eat well by default, but after a night of alcohol, I find that I might desire In’N’Out or other crap. Right now, nothing. Focusing on cardio (sprints, hills, distance) and body weight exercises. Since Sept 1 I have lost a few (most likely water weight). Goal is 6 ft 185 lbs (and lean) (not that far away from goal) in the next 6 weeks. I want to be fast and powerful rather than a bulky look from free weights.

**Strange First Post does not show up anyway here it is…**

Right now I am doing an alcohol free September. No booze whatsoever. I do this from time to time to see where I am health wise. I’ve noticed that my desire to eat bad food has been cut to nothing. I eat well by default, but after a night of alcohol, I find that I might desire In’N’Out or other crap. Right now, nothing. Focusing on cardio (sprints, hills, distance) and body weight exercises. Since Sept 1 I have lost a few (most likely water weight). Goal is 6 ft 185 lbs (and lean) (not that far away from goal) in the next 6 weeks. I want to be fast and powerful rather than a bulky look from free weights.

cool…

Do they have In’N’Out burgers in NYC?

Both to Blake and lxwarr30 - nope.

Not that I’m against body weight exercises but the bulk commonly associated with free weights is more correlated to diet as opposed to lifting (i’ve read enough of your posts to know you know this). You can find plenty of ripped lifters that dont have the bulk who range in the low reps. In any event, im curious to know how this experiment turns out.

@Blake

I did alcohol free January through Memorial Day weekend, but as work has gotten busier my drinking kicked back in. I think I actually gained weight not drinking, but I also stopped exercising. Now I’m drinking and not exercising, but also not gaining any weight. Strange how things like that work.

I talked to a brah at a bar who lost weight by doing nothing but drinking tall cans of Coors and eating carots. Sht went downhill in a hurry!

alcohol makes the world a happier place

I feel bad for his life if he was drinking coors for fun (unless it was $2 drafts).

I don’t believe in gluten free unless you have Celiac’s Disease. You are cutting out great sources of complex carbs if you go gluten free. I grow basil and kale so a meal I will have a few times a week is pesto, (shrimp, scallops, chicken, etc) with whole wheat pasta or the Barilla Plus Pasta.

That is a great meal.

When you go gluten free you are cutting out fiber which your body needs. If you look at gluten free mixes the first ingredient is usually rice flour which is a completely refined simple carb and is garbage.

The key takeaway here is you stopped exercising. There are plenty of obese people who don’t drink.

I resemble that remark.

I’ve actually been working more towards the bulky look rather than the lean one. Its hard to balance for sure, I have no desire to have the marathon/triathlete look anymore, and now think looking cut with some mass sounds more appealing. Eating is still a focus, its just about more and the proper intake…but the quality of food matters as does the alcohol.

Sometimes people rip on the bulky look but I think its cuz its easier to knock than to achieve it, but anything is better than having the typical american look.

^ I feel the opposite. I prefer the bruce lee look, rather than just bulky

Free Alcohol September sounds nicer

I often think one of my mental competitve advantages is I’m alchohol free all year as those nights seem to cost my friends productivity the next day.

So, Blake. Is it alcohol free + fap free? Or is it too difficult to accomplish both at the same time?

Yeah, booze really makes it hard for me to eat healthy. I get bad hangovers if I haven’t been eating lots of food. I’m right there with you, Blake.

It’s hard to cut it out entirely, but I do my best to limit it to very special occasions.

Halfway in to this. Great results so far.

I would suggest everyone trying this sometime.