Alternatives if you are on CFA program

Hi all, I was initially very keen to work as an equity analyst but after passing Level 2, I realize I am losing interest. Now I have started to think that I will be terribly bored if I have to cover same companies, news-flow and write reports. Writing reports really doesn’t excite me. Now I am wondering what else I could do? Corp Finance, buy side- where they won’t take me as I don’t have any analyst experience, VC is something I like but seems very competitive to get in. I would be thankful for your suggestions guys. Thanks

How about getting some relevant experience than chasing after these designations?

You can try Hedge Funds. There was a good thread about that last week.

Hedge funds are only an option if you are DOMINATING your current role though, otherwise no chance.

I was a little scared there for a minute, especially in the last quarter of 2008 beginning of 09 that these sell side analyst jobs would be gone. I think that a lot of analyst were let go during these bad times. I am really hoping that now and in a couple years that these jobs come back and are in demand again. I know its really competitive still though. I was also worried about the CFA and its usefulness in the future, but it seems to be needed still. I mean all these sell side and brokerage firms were disappearing. Hopefully the future is bright for analyst going forward.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hedge funds are only an option if you are > DOMINATING your current role though, otherwise no > chance. Ha

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hedge funds are only an option if you are > DOMINATING your current role though, otherwise no > chance. +10 I came here to post this, kudos.

What are u talking about. HFs chase you as soon as you as you passed level I.