Am I on track?

I am using the QBank and did 1200 Questions from all topics in less than 90 seconds so far. My Score is 80%. Is this good or bad? Should I expect a much lower score in the CFA Exam? Thanks for your experiences with QBank.

1200 question in 90 seconds… AWESOME! Score’s good enough.

It gives almost 14 questions per second !!! How do you do this???

Yes I hope to finish the exam in 10minutes. 5min in the morning and 5min in the afternoon. :slight_smile: No sorry, I mean it took my about 90 seconds per question… What do you think? Should I expect a much worser score in the real Exam? Do you have experiences with QBank?

You’ve got about 2 months time… the score’s pretty good but make sure you do the schweser mocks and check some of the stuff that schweser has missed out… And yeah, you’re on track :slight_smile:

okey, thanks for your advice

Hey coowy, I took L1 in June and was scoring consistently between 73-80 on the Schweser QBANK. The QBANK is pretty accurate representation of the exam. Just be aware because those definition question types are real. Prepare for those (as best you can), although you are probably ready now if this is how well you’re doing.

Coowy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am using the QBank and did 1200 Questions from > all topics in less than 90 seconds so far. My > Score is 80%. Is this good or bad? > > Should I expect a much lower score in the CFA > Exam? > > Thanks for your experiences with QBank. you mean for june 2012? i think it can be done if u really buckle down otherwise u can do december 2012 comfortably

Dec 2011

Coowy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dec 2011 wait what? dec 2011 ?

“Hey coowy, I took L1 in June and was scoring consistently between 73-80 on the Schweser QBANK. The QBANK is pretty accurate representation of the exam. Just be aware because those definition question types are real. Prepare for those (as best you can), although you are probably ready now if this is how well you’re doing.” --------------- What is meant by the 'definition question types?" Something like this: Income elasticity is defined as the: A) change in quantity demanded divided by the change in income. B) percentage change in income divided by the percentage change in the quantity demanded. C) percentage change in the quantity demanded divided by the percentage change in income. Your answer: C was correct! Income elasticity is defined as the percentage change in quantity demanded divided by the percentage change in income. Normal goods have positive values for income elasticity and inferior goods have negative income elasticities.

I believe to judge yourself you, the CFAI Text books EOC questions are the least which you should do and doing questions right is another thing and doing question right in the exam, with that stamina of sitting for 3 hours in a row and then 2 hours waiting and then 3 hours sitting is another phenomenon. Gauge yourself in the mock exam and especially when doing the CFAI mock. All the best and nice shot!

Coowy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes I hope to finish the exam in 10minutes. 5min > in the morning and 5min in the afternoon. :slight_smile: > > No sorry, I mean it took my about 90 seconds per > question… > > What do you think? Should I expect a much worser > score in the real Exam? Do you have experiences > with QBank? ha haa! good one. Hey man dont neglect the CFAI EOC questions. While I think you will be able to breeze by L1 with only Schweser it still doesnt hurt. It will also prepare you for L2 and 3 which rely more heavily on the dry CFAI material.

Don’t place too much emphasis on Qbank. It’s there just to help cement the concepts. Work on getting through the practice problems at the end of the CFAI and Schweser chapters. You don’t really know where you stand until you can complete the full length CFA mock/Schweser practice exams under timed conditions. Shoot for scoring above 70%, consistently. Then you’re good to go.

Thank you all for your advices.

I know this is going to sound really silly, but what is the question bank? Is it part of the Schweser books or do I have to purchase that separately?

I think OP is just trying to troll everyone. If you actually score 80% at 90sec/question, then you made bad planning. You could’ve started 2 months later…

I think is perfectly posible, i m done so far about 2500 qbank questions and i m scoring 77% and my goal is to be around 85% the week before the exam. I m already read twice the schwesser curriculum and at this point i think the key point its to do as much questions as you can, repetition is the key to assimilate for level 1.