Am I the only one seeing stars after reading SS 3?

I used Schweser and the CFAI book and this stuff is brutal! Reminds me of those cold college nights I spent working on differential equations… whew! On to Economics… I’m way behind:( but I’m hoping the Financial accounting and corporate finance class I’m taking this semester will make FSA & Corp finance reading much smooother!!!

Don’t feel bad, everyone has their one study session that just kicks their butt. Be glad you still have 3 full months to study.

Dude, wait until you read volume 3, namely the chapters by Fried, Sondhi and White.

I agree with you gdiddy. Additionally, I heard that most of the readings in Level 2 FSA are extracted from the book of White et.al. =(

SS3 was bad, and I thought it was worse than FSA…FSA just seems a lot more rational than some of the later quant stuff.

I’m finishing up SS3 right there with ya man, it’s not entirely horrible, but it’s not very fun either. I see the light! (tech analysis). I really need to start waking my ass up 2 hours earlier during the workweek, 15 hours of studying on the weekends is just not cutting it. Why does waking up have to be so hard?

I agree, SS 3 did throw me off a bit as well. Now I am about to finish SS 8 and dreading about the chapters by Fried, Sondhi and White for which I haven’t seen many fans.

I don’t have my books with me right now…but i’m curious what topics are on SS3

By the time you end with SS3, with technical and fundamental analysis, you’ll see the rainbow too :slight_smile: The total solar eclipse is in august :slight_smile:

that was the worst section…I will def. need to go over that and sections of SS2. That really held me back…I’m mid-way into SS8 now.

Boy am I relieved I’m not the only one “seeing dead people” after reading SS 3. For a second there I wanted to burn my books!! I’ll go back to it in a month or so!! It was brutal! The Technical Analysis piece was fun though!

kenanadu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Boy am I relieved I’m not the only one “seeing > dead people” after reading SS 3. For a second > there I wanted to burn my books!! I’ll go back to > it in a month or so!! It was brutal! The > Technical Analysis piece was fun though! That is exactly what I intend on doing, after finishing all the readings just go back and relive the horrible experience.

aks1985 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that was the worst section…I will def. need to > go over that and sections of SS2. That really held > me back…I’m mid-way into SS8 now. Same over here. today I will finish SS9