Am I the only one who hasn't begun studying yet?

Unlke L2, I went with the CFAI order for L3, and having gone thru 2/3 of the material, I can honestly say I don’t see what the benefit would have been to choose a different sequence.

Apart from the ethics book, I just started at the start and went through in order. Seemed as good a way as any…

No worries. One week of studying should do it! Just be sure you show up and complete both sections of the test. #MPSCurveBoost

Hi, I have started to prepare for the exam since November. I have gone through the CFAI materials and Schweser notes once. Now, I am having the second time review on both materials with some video classes, and also take some notes and summary for my final revision. I still have 14 Readings to be completed.

I plan to finish all readings in the end of March, then begin to do some mocks and past AM exams (2010 to 2015). But I feel so furstrated when I try to do some mocks in Schweser Practice Exam. Many learing outcomes I can hardly remember.

Could you give me some suggestions to better prepare for the exam, please?

• for the sample bias

But then again, getting yourself a little panicky in February is probably good for your results in the long-run

As for order, I’m leaving “list heavy” topics till the end (Ethics and GIPS):

I find anything with understandable concepts are very easy to push into long term memory, and each review makes the memory stronger. In contrast, lists can only be crammed into short term memery. It’s gone the next week and reviewing almost feels like starting from scratch again. By level 3, we all get Ethics and GIPS, we’re not gunna be suprised by anything in there so I’m not going to waste any time on it until a week or 2 before the exam. Memorize the lists once and be done with it.

I’m starting about now. Read a couple of pages on Behavioural Finance back in December, but wouldn’t call that properly “starting”. Now I’m aiming for a a first read until end of March.

I think the topics look quite chaotic in terms of their order, frankly, compared to L2. Hope I can wrap my head around it…

sounds good even with a full-time job.

I am in a similar position. I have read the CFAI materials. I did the Topic tests as well. I did the PM mocks and struggled in quite a few sections. I thought that I was better prepared than that. It is slowly starting to come together though, you just have to continue revising. Don’t be discouraged. You have hit that WTF moment with plenty of time to experience the magical moment when it all comes together.

i agree with this approach. I write notes after every reading and put a note in the margin when i encounter a list, for instance pros-and-cons. As cute as it is to believe that if you know the concepts you’ll know the answer, part of this stuff comes down to rote memorization, love it or hate it.

Could not agree with defacto more. It is about rote memorisation. You’ve managed to eloquently express that it is not about knowing the concepts. We all know the concepts.

It is about expressing the lists in a way that shows understanding, and application. It would be nice if you knew the list though first.