Am I Way Behind?

Guys: I have studied with the official CFAI material. Thus far, I’ve completed books 1-3, and done every EOC question. I’ve done pretty well on EOC questions. I am wrapping up Equities in about a week. Still left with Derivatives, Fixed Income and Alternative Investments. I plan on using Schweiser to cover those areas. Can I do it?

Keep at it, I mean you are hardly going to give up now so, yes you can cover everything and be prepared, but it will just take hard work no other way, or quick solution around it. Keep throwing mud at a wall and it will eventually stick!

Thanks Pedpenny. Looking at it, I would have covered about 75 percent of the material by next week. Will make a serious push in the next 3 weeks to finish the remaining 25 percent and then do review and do practice exams.

You are way behind me thats for sure. But you are probably ahead of some people. I tell you that not to frustrate you, but you gota remmber some people will fail the exam and I don’t want it to be you. Work hard and work “slow”. You can read a book and learn nothing by the time you are done. Do not fall into that. And don’t go crazy trying to figure out things on your own. Anything you dont get, search or ask on AF. Yes we all think we are smart and we wana figure it out on our own. Do that after June 4th, for now you need the time to study.

Couldn’t have said it better Gulf :slight_smile: Good luck to you Mission!

Gulf only you can figure it out on your own, you derivatives whiz kid gulfcfa Wrote: > > And don’t go crazy trying to figure out things on > your own. Anything you dont get, search or ask on > AF. Yes we all think we are smart and we wana > figure it out on our own. Do that after June 4th, > for now you need the time to study.

Mission CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys: > > I have studied with the official CFAI material. > Thus far, I’ve completed books 1-3, and done every > EOC question. I’ve done pretty well on EOC > questions. I am wrapping up Equities in about a > week. Still left with Derivatives, Fixed Income > and Alternative Investments. I plan on using > Schweiser to cover those areas. Can I do it? Roughly the same as myself. With 50 days to go I certainly don’t consider myself behind schedule. Will probably be finished all the EOCs by next weekend, so that’s 6 weeks of practice exams, sample questions and review. I think that’s on the money.

Just a thought, but since this thing is graded on a curve, you don’t need to do as well as the top performers or be as prepared as the guys who score in the 80s and 90s. You just need to be in the top 40% of those who are taking the test that day. Someone like GulfCFA who seems to not a have a thing to do outside studying, is probably in the top performer range. This is not a shot at you either, just check your ego at the door.

^ you are right I have nothing to do but study for this exam…no shame in being unemployed…kinda…sorta…maybe…lol Respect to anyone who is doing this with a job, kids, whatever else you may have.

PC79 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just a thought, but since this thing is graded on > a curve, you don’t need to do as well as the top > performers or be as prepared as the guys who score > in the 80s and 90s. You just need to be in the > top 40% of those who are taking the test that > day. > > Someone like GulfCFA who seems to not a have a > thing to do outside studying, is probably in the > top performer range. This is not a shot at you > either, just check your ego at the door. OK Whenever they say that the pass rate is 50% do they mean that 50% of the people who signed up for the test pass or 50% of the people who sit for the test pass? Reason why I ask is there is a statistic that says about 30% of people who sign up for the test don’t even show up for it.

No shows are not included in the pass rate.

you are about where I am Mission CFA. But I only work part-time and am going to put in lots of hours between now and exam day.

I heard last time this topic was brought up that not only do you have to take the test, but even the people who leave after the 1st section due to poor performance aren’t counted!

feel good buddy i havent even started yet… page1 book one is open on my desk… but its been like that for weeks… i even highlighted the first line… just couldnt start

^wow, you guys are the reason I am taking a few days off from studying… I am way ahead. I just hope you are not WAY behind.

bahh humbug… 8 hours per day— 50 days…= 400 hours…