AM or PM harder

AM harder, PM softer {when will somebody make a joke about this?} I said to the guy next to me that if PM was just about the same or easier, there will be some hope. If it’s harder than AM, it’s over…for sure. We consented to that. I thought the AM ethics was a violation of their own ethics. All the mocks and sample ethics were written so much better to test what you know, this AM case was gibberish! Feel robbed out of my 5/6 target.

AM harder for me.

PM was 27.4848493020221111% harder.

PM, but only because my calculator’s batteries died half way through

actually i felt that AM started hard (with quant etc) and then became easy as we moved towards Fixed income, etc… PM started easy with FSA etc and then as soon as long calculations in equity and HPY stuff came, it started becoming tough… so net net, both are net net

AM was harder.

AM for me

AM was harder, by a mile!

i felt AM was easier, but i’m worried that it’s so tricky or ambiguous i didn’t know i was tricked.

I thought AM was easier. Even the first 30 questions in PM were easy, but then I struggled pretty badly.

My last thirty minutes of the 6 hours are the hardest because my mind slows down. Overall both sessions have similar difficulty, AM has more tricky concept and PM has more calculation, I hope our AM and PM score should be similar in the end, my final score should be similar to mock exam and Schwaser book 6. Hard question tends to yield higher score because you pay more attention and work harder.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > depends what your background is, if you had an > accounting background the AM section was easier, > if you came from a quant/engineering background, i > would assume the PM was easier. Agree.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PM harder. AM was like a level 1 gift of FSA. > Quant sucked though. Not trying to single you out, but I don’t get people complaining about quant. Of all the things they could have asked (time series, violations of assumptions), what bothered people about simple linear regression?

leveltwo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > PM harder. AM was like a level 1 gift of FSA. > > Quant sucked though. > > > Not trying to single you out, but I don’t get > people complaining about quant. Of all the things > they could have asked (time series, violations of > assumptions), what bothered people about simple > linear regression? My lack of attention to detail - specifcally square rooting R^2 and not going negative. Worst mistake ever. I’ll never make it as a banker!

AM was harder, but I finished faster (1:45), though I skipped a few more on the way to come back to in the remaining time. I finished PM in 120 minutes, but it felt easier. Both times I spent the remaining time trying to get tricky ones and rereading questions to make sure I didn’t miss a trick.

steph96 Wrote: > I have an accounting background, and I thought the > morning was ridiculously more difficult than the > PM. +1

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My lack of attention to detail - specifically > square rooting R^2 and not going negative. Worst > mistake ever. I’ll never make it as a banker! I’m disappointed in you Ali. Not a great day for me after hearing this.

agree financial_novice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually i felt that AM started hard (with quant > etc) and then became easy as we moved towards > Fixed income, etc… > PM started easy with FSA etc and then as soon as > long calculations in equity and HPY stuff came, it > started becoming tough… so net net, both are > net net

In the end its all about topical coverage. I did poorly on Ethics and FSA in both sessions, but destroyed Equity, Corp Fi, Derivatives and calculation intensive Qs in general.