AM or PM harder

Personally, I thought the AM section was more difficult than the PM. Of my colleagues also taking level two, one agrees with me, while the other two contend that the PM section was harder. I was wondering what other people thought? Can we come to a consensus on whether the AM or PM portion sucked worse? (I know, wonderful grammar. My 8th grade english teacher would be proud)

AM sucked more.

PM for me.

AM for me. I think ethics just demoralized me.

AM. Didn’t know the answer to the first four ethics questions. Then apparantly also got the last one wrong (personal trading thing). So that was the worst start ever.

I would say they were both equally tough/easy, I am getting 48 in each, checked all questions with discussions in forums, wow 80% feels good, especially after doing MBA any thing less would have been bad

Yeah, Moe, that AM section sure did suck last week. It just plain sucked! I’ve seen tests suck before, but that was the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!

Lurky Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AM. Didn’t know the answer to the first four > ethics questions. Then apparantly also got the > last one wrong (personal trading thing). So that > was the worst start ever. did AF reach a consensus on that personal trading question? Was it prop risk arb?

yeh i think consensus was prop risk arb. another -1 for me.

AM

Believe so. In retrospect that was probably ok. I just thought proprietary arbitrage could have been quantitative model driven so that would be fine. Of course, it wasn’t mentioned what it was so you should go with text books. There they said proprietary trading should be halted.

the NOA stuff on the PM made it considerably easier from a time management perspective

depends what your background is, if you had an accounting background the AM section was easier, if you came from a quant/engineering background, i would assume the PM was easier.

Definitely more curveballs in the morning, I think. I was hoping they wouldn’t drop the IFRS bomb, but sure enough…kaboom. And the morning ethics problems were also quite nasty. The first 30 minutes of the day were the hardest.

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > depends what your background is, if you had an > accounting background the AM section was easier, > if you came from a quant/engineering background, i > would assume the PM was easier. I have an accounting background, and I thought the morning was ridiculously more difficult than the PM.

AM harder. funny thing was, i finished earlier in AM but only had about 10 minutes left for PM. I guess for AM there were so many questions that I don’t have a clue for, didn’t even know where to start, thus finished early…

AM really stinks for me…and i would say the evening just a bit easier i thought.

PM harder. AM was like a level 1 gift of FSA. Quant sucked though.

PM was harder - finished AM with plenty of time left… PM i was scrambling to the last minute

AM harder