An American Hedge Fund book

Has anyone had the chance to read that book by Tim Sykes? the dude from Wall Street Warriors on mojo, the young “start-up” i think the title they gave him.

I haven’t read it, but have contemplated ordering it- it’s just a matter of time. It’s not available in stores- you have to order it online- Barnes and Nobles, Borders, Amazon, etc. Ironically enough, he closed his fund the day of the release of his book. This was about a week or two after his invitation to the Trader Monthly Party was renigged. He asked TM why they renigged and they said- “[When you’re ready to work hard and be a real trader, instaed of spending time on TV and in any media outlet you have access to, let us know” (read the full article on NYPost or search for it), I think the fund was down like 30% in the past month, and he wasn’t really producing much recently. In the event of his fund closing he started a new business…a publishing company, “Bullship Press” (www.timothysykes.com). I know I sound like a Tim Sykes historian but he was a guy I was following after hearing about a while back- I know many were disgusting with him. “Remember there are no short cuts son, quick buck artists come and go with every bull market but the steady players make it through the bear markets.” -Lou Manheim

yeah, i’ve heard a lot of that stuff too. my buddy was friend’s with him at rollins…i’ve heard some pretty crazy stories, but you gotta give it to the guy, he’s something else- pretty entertaining when i saw him bring out models on cnbc.

““Remember there are no short cuts son, quick buck artists come and go with every bull market but the steady players make it through the bear markets.” -Lou Manheim” Nice!