Analysis of Inventories (Jun'08)

Has any Jun’08er reached this topic? I found it a 100 times easier to understand the LIFO/FIFO concepts from Schweser than the CFAI text. Also, did anyone notice a surge in the difficulty from SS8 to SS9? The White, Sondhi & Fried book is definitely not meant for someone who has no accounting background. I was disappointed to see CFAI, being such a prestigious insititute, copying these books word-to-word in their text. Cant they come up with their own simplified yet compact text?

I have found that many of the topics in Schweser are much more simple than the CFAI (TVM for instance). Today I should have my 2008 Schweser Essential. Reading the CFAI is not bad, its just long and I found it hard to grasp details of the LOS from it.

i believe, prior to 2007, they required you to buy the original texts…so i guess, consider yourself lucky that we are given these condensed version (saves us ALOT of money)… but yeh, i found that, if you dont have any background in accounting (from university or work) then its better to read the cfai texts, as they explain everything step by step (all the ledger entires, for example)…

I read it in the Text and found it rather foggy. My plan is to have completed the text books by year end or early Jan 08, then do Schwiser notes/sample test and my Stella Flash Cards until May, then cram and pray for a month

Bluey 1.8T Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i believe, prior to 2007, they required you to buy > the original texts…so i guess, consider yourself > lucky that we are given these condensed version > (saves us ALOT of money)… > > but yeh, i found that, if you dont have any > background in accounting (from university or work) > then its better to read the cfai texts, as they > explain everything step by step (all the ledger > entires, for example)… Now one is forced to buy the CFAI which I think is bullcrap. Scheweser seems so much clearer. CFAI texts work well to fall back on in event someone on AF can’t clarify something :wink:

I am glad that you made this post because I was starting to get a little discouraged while reading through book 3 thinking that I was the only one that was having trouble. I ONLY have the CFAI material but am probably going to get the Schweser package as well (I have been holding out to see if they are going to offer a holiday discount) to get a better understanding of some the material. Best, TheChad

TheChad - mate, CFAI SS7 and SS8 were fine. Nicely explained… but SS9 is killing man !!