Analyst Forum Compiled Results

Thanks for the stats Wandering. That’s some good sh!t.

Yea, clearly I had nothing to do yesterday. And once I got about 20 people in, I had to finish.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > veerasam Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Looks like CFAI’s MPS is 56.31% or above (the > > > No way, the 40/60/80 isn’t anywhere close to being > accurate for top scores. For example, a 100% > would look like an 80%. That 56.31% was not based on 40/60/80. It was based on 0/51/71.

veerasam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That 56.31% was not based on 40/60/80. It was > based on 0/51/71. This still is not an accurate way to estimate the MPS since the lowest pass based on 0/51/71 is only 46.21%. Everyone on that spreadsheet has a 24-36% spread between their lowest possible score and their highest possible score. It’s hard to determine where exactly they fall within that range.

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > veerasam Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > That 56.31% was not based on 40/60/80. It was > > based on 0/51/71. > > > This still is not an accurate way to estimate the > MPS since the lowest pass based on 0/51/71 is only > 46.21%. > > Everyone on that spreadsheet has a 24-36% spread > between their lowest possible score and their > highest possible score. It’s hard to determine > where exactly they fall within that range. That is true if you look at those who passed. But if you look at those who failed and take the highest score among them, that would put a floor on MPS.

veerasam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is true if you look at those who passed. But > if you look at those who failed and take the > highest score among them, that would put a floor > on MPS. Good point. Man, drs keeps coming up as the closest Fail. I know he will kill it next year.

Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% (the lowest 50/70/100 among passers).

Great work wanderingcfa!!

veerasam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% (the > lowest 50/70/100 among passers). If I correctly understand the grading policy published by the CFAI (a sizable “if”), MPS cannot be higher than 70%.

bump

wow this is great idea. so boston volunteer to take care of it this year?

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > veerasam Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% (the > > lowest 50/70/100 among passers). > > > If I correctly understand the grading policy > published by the CFAI (a sizable “if”), MPS cannot > be higher than 70%. Can anyone give a quote to support this statement? I do believe it’s true and fair.

cinny Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > veerasam Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% > (the > > > lowest 50/70/100 among passers). > > > > > > If I correctly understand the grading policy > > published by the CFAI (a sizable “if”), MPS > cannot > > be higher than 70%. > > > Can anyone give a quote to support this statement? > I do believe it’s true and fair. You’re never going to know for sure what your score was, but rest assured - if your overall score was >=70%, you pass. You have my word.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cinny Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > higgmond Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > veerasam Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% > > (the > > > > lowest 50/70/100 among passers). > > > > > > > > > If I correctly understand the grading policy > > > published by the CFAI (a sizable “if”), MPS > > cannot > > > be higher than 70%. > > > > > > Can anyone give a quote to support this > statement? > > I do believe it’s true and fair. > > > You’re never going to know for sure what your > score was, but rest assured - if your overall > score was >=70%, you pass. > > You have my word. how much is your word worth? Can you please quantify the value and if so, what are the risks that come with it so I may do a proper value analysis on your word.

deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cinny Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > higgmond Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > veerasam Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > Invert to get the ceiling for MPS: 76.28% > > > (the > > > > > lowest 50/70/100 among passers). > > > > > > > > > > > > If I correctly understand the grading > policy > > > > published by the CFAI (a sizable “if”), MPS > > > cannot > > > > be higher than 70%. > > > > > > > > > Can anyone give a quote to support this > > statement? > > > I do believe it’s true and fair. > > > > > > You’re never going to know for sure what your > > score was, but rest assured - if your overall > > score was >=70%, you pass. > > > > You have my word. > > how much is your word worth? Can you please > quantify the value and if so, what are the risks > that come with it so I may do a proper value > analysis on your word. A couple of dollars, at least.

if its US dollars…its nearly worthless :stuck_out_tongue: If its canadian then I can trust it lol

r u serious man? USD is at 88.5 now. deep2002 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if its US dollars…its nearly worthless :stuck_out_tongue: > > If its canadian then I can trust it lol

Is there a forum that explains what the 40/60/80 means and how everyone submitted there results? Sorry for the noob question.

*- - => 40% - *- => 60% - - * => 80% multiply the total max points for each section by % add up results…

1. plyon - 77.22% 2. chrismaths - 77.06% 3. McLeod81 - 76.22% plz could i have your private emails, i need to ask you a couple of questions