Analyst Forum Compiled Results

Here is a list of everyone I could find results for (before I got lazy). The sample size is 191. Some interesting things: There is an 80% pass rate for those that posted results. Only 3 people (1.57% of my sample size) scored above 70% on question #2 in the AM. Most people killed Equity Investments on both AM & PM sections. The highest 40/60/80 FAIL was 67.72 % in band 10. The lowest 40/60/80 Pass was 63.28%. Congrats to the top 3 40/60/80 scorers: 1. plyon - 77.22% 2. chrismaths - 77.06% 3. McLeod81 - 76.22% The average AM 40/60/80 score was 64.45% v.s the average 40/60/80 PM score of 71.40%. Congrats to all who passed, and good luck to everyone next year (whichever test you may be taking). Link to spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoefWFxSpGw3dGhrbnNVa0s1M2x3MTVoc0J0a0htMXc&hl=en

oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!!

one thing that surprised me in general (haven’t looked at spreadsheet) is that more people didn’t absolutely kill the afternoon session… EDIT: on further review, i don’t think this is true… thanks for doing this…

this is very impressive. thanks for putting this together.

can we do something with variance times points at stake?

wow, thanks wandering.

jeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!! It just doesn’t matter!! Congrats jeks!

Good job wandering thanks Looking at it I knew I had luck passing L3

jeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!! haha… i passed with a lower 4/6/8 score, I am just too embarassed to post it :stuck_out_tongue:

monki Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jeks Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!! > > > haha… i passed with a lower 4/6/8 score, I am > just too embarassed to post it :stuck_out_tongue: nice! or maybe not nice for those band 10’s that are looking at our scores and are like wtf!?

Looks like CFAI’s MPS is 56.31% or above (the highest “Minimum Percentage with 0/51/71” for a fail).

Thanks for putting this together. Good to see Dwight passed. After reviewing the sheet, I am just astounded that DRS did not get a passing grade. I hope we get a good explaination one day. I really empathize with him.

Nice job wandering…thanks a lot for putting this up… Some of the fails are really shoking…its really sad…however, they will definitely be through the next time, all the best to them.

Fantastic, Wandering. Thanks.

really good work wandering. That took a lot of time. I think there can be one more scenario by modifying the “Min/Worst Score”. PM sections that carry 18 points, 6 questions, the worst score could be 0% /66.66% / 83.33% corresponding to 0 / 4 / 5 right answers from the 6. This could be called the “Min/Worst but Realistic Score”. Likewise adjustments can be made to the sections that carry 36 points, but to a lesser degree than that for the 51-70% one.

jeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!! Oh no? “OH YEAAAA” is more like it!

jeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh no i think the lowest 406080 is my score!! Oh no? “OH YEAAAA” is more like it! Great job putting this together Wanderingcfa

veerasam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looks like CFAI’s MPS is 56.31% or above (the No way, the 40/60/80 isn’t anywhere close to being accurate for top scores. For example, a 100% would look like an 80%.

I think wanderingcfa is missing having to study for the CFA. That spreadsheet looks like it took some time. Nice work.

Outstanding. Thanks for taking the time, Wandering. Clearly, 40/60/80 is, by design, only intended to be a broad approximation, so it should all be taken with a grain of salt.