analyst jobs in detroit

Ugh, I hate cost cutting job cuts. Anyone in the Detroit area with job leads that could give me a tip, it would be appreciated. L2 candidate with commercial credit analyst experience. thanks.

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ugh, I hate cost cutting job cuts. Anyone in the > Detroit area with job leads that could give me a > tip, it would be appreciated. L2 candidate with > commercial credit analyst experience. thanks. check efinancialcareers.com. there were some PE jobs listed a couple of months ago at an MM firm. i thought about applying as a way to break into PE before b school, but then i smacked myself upside the head and said “WTF? this is in DETROIT.” anyway, a few jobs come up once in a while so you might be able to find something if you are patient and look really hard.

CFAdetroit, check your email in about 5 min

There really is no financial district in Detroit. Most of the banks and financial firms are in Birmingham out side the city of Detroit. I would call them up cold and see what happens. If your looking for corporate jobs, GM, Ford, & Chryslar are hiring.

thanks for the tips …yeah i gotta a buddy at Ford finance divison, they get paid a decent sum but do mind numbing work and sit around alot…sounds like the UAW

I worked for 2 years to get a job in Ford Finance. I interviewed with them while I was in undergrad and they invited me to a second interview onsite, only to cancel it three days beforehand due to a hiring freeze. I kept in contact with the recruiter and a VP for the next year and a half or so. They eventually did bring me in again the day before I started my current job. I just remember sitting through the interview thinking, “Is this really what I’ve been trying for for 2 years?”. They made me an offer lower than what I was offered at my current job. I told them that and they countered and actually offered me a few thousand more, but I still turned it down. The recruiter called a few months later asking me to come in again. I explained to him what I do now and how I think it fits my skill set better than what I’d be doing at Ford, but if they had a position better suited to me I’d be interested. He got very smug and basically said they had no need for someone to do what I do (insitutional portfolio management at a multi-billion dollar foundation).

“He got very smug and basically said they had no need for someone to do what I do (insitutional portfolio management at a multi-billion dollar foundation).” In what respective role? Are you a PM?