Analyst Training Program

Can anyone give me some advice on how to apply to investment banks for their analayst training programs? I graduated last spring but have no other work experience besides a couple of internships because of a year playing basketball in Europe after graduation. And on all the websites they say they have campus recruiting events…Is there oppertunities for someone in my position to be included in these summer training programs or internships? Also does anyone have a list of some smaller investment banks that still offer these types of programs?

Not a lot of investment bankers here… check wall street oasis dot com

No offense, but if you have to ask, you’re probably not cut out for it.

I just finished up a two year analyst training program at GS. It was not in IBD, but was in a front office type role in the Investment Management Division in New York. There are two routes to gaining admission to these programs. Many first year analysts were summer analysts during the summer of their Junior year in college. These are very hard positions to get. Think Ivy league 3.7+ GPA or someone with really good connections and a 3.5+ GPA. During this time, they assist analysts and are expected to put in very long hours. About 30% of these summer analysts are given offers to return the following July. Sometimes these positions are given to people with 1 or 2 years of work experience as well. I would estimate that this makes up 10% of the analyst class in any given year. It was a very hard two years but probably the best learning experience of my life. I decided to move to another firm after receiving a job offer about a month ago. Let em know if you have any more questions.

CoffeeCup08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just finished up a two year analyst training > program at GS. It was not in IBD, but was in a > front office type role in the Investment > Management Division in New York. There are two > routes to gaining admission to these programs. > Many first year analysts were summer analysts > during the summer of their Junior year in college. > These are very hard positions to get. Think Ivy > league 3.7+ GPA or someone with really good > connections and a 3.5+ GPA. During this time, > they assist analysts and are expected to put in > very long hours. About 30% of these summer > analysts are given offers to return the following > July. Sometimes these positions are given to > people with 1 or 2 years of work experience as > well. I would estimate that this makes up 10% of > the analyst class in any given year. It was a > very hard two years but probably the best learning > experience of my life. I decided to move to > another firm after receiving a job offer about a > month ago. Let em know if you have any more > questions. what did you learn?

I did an anaylst program but left after a year. The training was very good and I learned quite a bit.