Annoyed

What annoyed the hell out of me was the amount of time it took me to get going in the morning session. Like I think at about 10 is when my brain clicked into gear, and started thinking. The first hour I just couldn’t concentrate. Any solutions for another time or another exam?

Did you warm up before the test by reviewing anything?

Choke the chicken before going to the exam. It helps to calm the nerves.

Dealing with the curriculum was very challenging. Dealing with sleeping disorder and ibs was more challenging…

I just pumped myself up to Crazy Train, Eye of the Tiger, etc on my way to the exam. By the time the exam started I was ready to tackle someone.

i jump to the first question I think I can answer, and force myself to move on if I think it’s going to be trouble. You have to get in the zone, it’s just three hours, maybe yoga can help, I felt that it helped me focus.

I took time to get going also which made me miss one whole item set in the morning session. It was the wealth management question and I knew the answer. I said to myself that I will come back to it later because I was taking to long to set the answer up and then time was called. That cost me a lot of marks and may push me under.

Ceredwyn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just pumped myself up to Crazy Train, Eye of the > Tiger, etc on my way to the exam. By the time the > exam started I was ready to tackle someone. I listen to Biggie before game time, but to each his own.

I didn’t even look up from the paper in the first hour.

Choke the chicken before going to the exam. It helps to calm the nerves. +1, tested and true. Creighton’s 4 day review included every (relevant) AM session since about 2000. Went through them all and had absolutely no problem on the morning session. Through all three exams, working problems was the key for me. You can read the books or watch a lecture all you want, but you’ll never be able to replicate the info without practicing problems during study.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ceredwyn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I just pumped myself up to Crazy Train, Eye of > the > > Tiger, etc on my way to the exam. By the time > the > > exam started I was ready to tackle someone. > > > I listen to Biggie before game time, but to each > his own. the greatest rapper of all times died on Mar 9th

Who Shot Ya! Separate the weak from the obsolete…

He died the day my brother was born…reincarnated maybe? Doubtful…until one day my brother puts a gat to my head and says “it was all a dream…”

Having much sport experience (cycling), I’m always amazed that so many people forget that their brain is a muscle, which, ocasionnally, also needs rest. I managed to pass my exams partly because I managed to have enough sleep (8-9 hours/night) for the 2 weeks before the exam day. If you dont sleep well the night before the exam, no worries, you wont feel tired. Aloha

The brain is a muscle?

lol at that. the brain was NO muscle last time I checked. but yeah periods of intense brain activity leads to getting tired just like any muscle. I had the same problem. Took at least 30 mins to get properly warmed up before attacking the AM. Ran out of time in the end.

i had a redbull just before the exam… it boosts your perception and attention

diehard Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i had a redbull just before the exam… it boosts > your perception and attention Same here, I had it well planned out: - Get up early a few days before the exam to get into the correct sleeping rythm - Do not study the day before and just relax and work out - Go to bed early the evening before the exam - Have everything prepared well in advance with backup plans (no stress on exam day about coming in too late or printers that do not work when wanting to print your exam ticket) - Reread some of the material on my way to the exam center to warm up the brainmuscles and lots of caffeine (no caffeine the days before so it kicks in twice as hard).

eric468 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > diehard Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i had a redbull just before the exam… it > boosts > > your perception and attention > > Same here, I had it well planned out: > - Get up early a few days before the exam to get > into the correct sleeping rythm > - Do not study the day before and just relax and > work out > - Go to bed early the evening before the exam > - Have everything prepared well in advance with > backup plans (no stress on exam day about coming > in too late or printers that do not work when > wanting to print your exam ticket) > - Reread some of the material on my way to the > exam center to warm up the brainmuscles and lots > of caffeine (no caffeine the days before so it > kicks in twice as hard). I agree on not studying the day before, but I wouldn’t read anything on the way to the exam center either.

the point is everyones different and at this stage we all know what we need to do to get ourselves into peak exam taking mode…its just that since the cfai material itself is so consuming we forget this aspect…plenty of sleep is a must, working out helps with sleep jitters, avoiding alcohol, cutting down on caffeine leading up to the moment etc etc