Annual Holiday Party ???

On Dec 3rd, from 7 pm to 10 pm, South Florida chapter has their annual party which is open to members and non-members. I would like to know more about the CFAs in my area and networking opportunities before enrolling for CFA L1 exam that takes place in June 2009. The problem is that the party is going to be in Boca Raton, which is about a 4 hours drive from where I live. From your experience, as a non-member, does it make sense to participate?

If they have an open bar it makes sense to participate.

USFbulls Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If they have an open bar it makes sense to > participate… and to take a friend along who doesn’t drink and has a valid drivers license.

oldmonk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > USFbulls Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If they have an open bar it makes sense to > > participate… > > and to take a friend along who doesn’t drink and > has a valid drivers license. no open bar and the party ends early :frowning:

Sunshine4ever Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > On Dec 3rd, from 7 pm to 10 pm, South Florida > chapter has their annual party which is open to > members and non-members. I would like to know more > about the CFAs in my area and networking > opportunities before enrolling for CFA L1 exam > that takes place in June 2009. The problem is that > the party is going to be in Boca Raton, which is > about a 4 hours drive from where I live. > > From your experience, as a non-member, does it > make sense to participate? Few Level 1ers will be there. I’ve been to several CFA Society functions in my city as a nonmember. Most of the members are only too happy to get to know you and help you along.

no open bar? what kind of gig is this? man, what are those dues going toward, anyway?

Sunshine4ever Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oldmonk Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > USFbulls Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > If they have an open bar it makes sense to > > > participate… > > > > and to take a friend along who doesn’t drink > and > > has a valid drivers license. > > > no open bar and the party ends early :frowning: There’s your answer. Screw it.

USFbulls Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If they have an open bar it makes sense to > participate. seriously … I don’t need to drive 3 hours for a free drink. anybody else cares to share their experience? thanks

I went to a CFA Networking event once and ended up meeting ZimZim78. The rest is AF history!

Dupe

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I went to a CFA Networking event once and ended up > meeting ZimZim78. The rest is AF history! so lucky