another excel annoyance

so I’m copying a large data set- (ctrl-alt-end)(cnrt-c) and trying to paste it at the end of an existing data set to consolidate info and I get the blasted… “The information cannot be pasted because the Copy area and Paste area are not the same size and shape” error …the most annoying part is that I am clicking on a single cell just as it advises in the error message. anyone ever found a way around this?

how large is the data set? excel only has 30,000 rows

first do paste special formats. then try it again. your welcome.

razedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how large is the data set? > excel only has 30,000 rows um- no, 2007 has 1mm, 03 had 64k- what version are you on? needhelp- thanks!

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > um- no, 2007 has 1mm, 03 had 64k- what version are > you on? oh no, i hate changes well, i don’t use excel much, i spend most of my day coding in C++/java or matlab

it happens sometimes when you have merged cells in the range you want to copy

either cells are merged or you are running out of columns/rows

If you are trying to copy/paste an entire row, you generally need to select another full row (rather then just a cell in that row) before you can paste it.