Another interview next week -numi, need your help :)

Hey everyone, I got an interview with a small asset management firm next week. They are looking for someone with experience, and seeing as I am a student (graduating in 1.5 months), I really don’t have that much other than some simple internships. I am good interviewer, IMO. I am pretty personable (I think, atleast) and confident. Its the technicals that have me a bit worried; they specifically told me they would ask A LOT from me. Could I get in contact with some of the more experienced members privately, through email? Numi, you would be of great help here :slight_smile: Thanks, Mez

What position in the AM? Do you have more details about the firm? I have some experience here.

What is the role specifically?

yup, sorry. Its basically an Investment/Financial Analyst. Since its a small firm, there is A LOT of responsibility that will be placed on my shoulders. Lots of modeling involved.

What type of investments will you be analyzing (stocks, fixed income, mututal funds, etc.)? Who are their clients?

Do you think we could discuss over email? mezierb [at] hotmail [dot] com

Email sent.

i found a job that perfectly fits my skill set n i am desperate to land this job. they’re seeking people seekin the CFA charter. i heard that suggesting to work for a month without pay so they can see how good you are will give you an advantage come decision time on who to hire. anyone have any thoughts on this?

I’d appreciate any more help!

I don’t know if this would be much help, but check out glassdoor.com and see if a similiar role at a larger firm has an objective review from an employee.

Check out this website: http://www.ibankingfaq.com/category/interviewing-technical-questions/ Best, numi

cloudstrife Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i found a job that perfectly fits my skill set n i > am desperate to land this job. they’re seeking > people seekin the CFA charter. i heard that > suggesting to work for a month without pay so they > can see how good you are will give you an > advantage come decision time on who to hire. > anyone have any thoughts on this? sounds desperate to me. Maybe you could just work for bread and milk and tell them you’re interested in analyzing russian debt

Its really not those kind of technical questions. I’ve been given a little “assignment” to do by Monday. But after thinking about it, I believe I got a good grasp of it. Thanks anyways!