Another relationship thread

Started dating someone a couple of months ago, cute girl, nice body, good career, fun, basically has a lot going for her. 2 things about the relationship are different for me: one she is from east asia and two she does not drink. Like, at all. The only time I’ve ever seen her order a drink is to put clients that want to drink at ease. Anybody here who imbibes ever dated somebody who doesn’t? On the plus side, I guess you always have a driver. Anybody ever had a cross-cultural relationship? This is new territory for me.

It depends how much you enjoy getting plastered, how much you feel she needs to be there at those times and how great you think she is. I tend to get plastered, but with low frequency. If I’m just lightly drinking, I don’t see any trouble with sober people around as long as they have a good sense of humor and don’t get irritable about it and cramp my style. When I get hammered, I prefer to be out destroying society with my friends anyways more so than who I’m dating. And if she’s awesome, then yeah, I could see it being worth it.

As long as she doesn’t mind you letting off steam, no problems. Given that few chicks are this cool (my wife is exceptional), you should enjoy it while it lasts. I always think it takes 2 months before they realise they can’t change you.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As long as she doesn’t mind you letting off steam, > no problems. Given that few chicks are this cool > (my wife is exceptional), you should enjoy it > while it lasts. I always think it takes 2 months > before they realise they can’t change you. Very true, I’d say 2-4 months (I like to date the slow ones), but generally on target.

What’s going on? Did someone slip estrogen into the AF water cooler?

i dont drink. people in my MBA program are giving me hard time about it… i told them if i will start drinking it might not end good for anyone

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s going on? Did someone slip estrogen into > the AF water cooler? i thought my water bottle tasted a little funny today… cultures are all different. maybe she hates hangovers or had an alcoholic dad/uncle/mom. who cares - its working, right?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I get hammered, > I prefer to be out destroying society with my > friends Hahaha

After be with Russian woman, I learn why Russian mens drinks such a much. :slight_smile: After be with Asian woman, I learn why so many Asian people. :slight_smile: After be with Latin woman, I learn why Latinos all so happy! :slight_smile: After be with American woman, I learn why Americans work so much. :slight_smile:

No beer blast Comp sci!!! Fun times…

hows the sex? if significantly better then you can overlook if you and her get along well but if she is just a stuck up person i would just say no…sorry im more of a laid back person cant stand the robot type

recentcornellgrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No beer blast Comp sci!!! Fun times… I went to Torch last night. Want to meet up Thursday after spring break at beer blast?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > recentcornellgrad Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > No beer blast Comp sci!!! Fun times… > > I went to Torch last night. Want to meet up > Thursday after spring break at beer blast? U at stern?

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > recentcornellgrad Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > No beer blast Comp sci!!! Fun times… > > > > I went to Torch last night. Want to meet up > > Thursday after spring break at beer blast? > > > U at stern? every thursday

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s going on? Did someone slip estrogen into > the AF water cooler? SAC Capital strikes again!! hahaha Hedge fund trader claims his boss forced him to take estrogen: http://www.brandweeknrx.com/2007/10/hedge-fund-trad.html

Sounds good man. I’d be down.