Any advice before I start time series?

I’ve done the quant up to time series, econ, FSA, and PM. I’ve read that time series was tough, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips about how to approach it.

I think that Time Series gets a bad wrap simply because it was the first difficult portion of the Level II material if you did in fact begin from Book 1. I found both pension and stock-based compensation accounting in FSA much more difficult. I’ve only just stared Book 3 so I’ve still got a long way to go…

time series is a joke compared to FSA - analysis of multinational operations and Swaps 1luv

I spent a lot of time on FSA and I’m still somewhat confused by the new pension standards. I know how to solve the problems, but I don’t really understand what I’m doing. I did FSA first since I had so much trouble with it on L1 and I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that so much of econ was the same as L1. I reviewed the non time series quant today and will start it tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know its not that bad.

OK, THANK YOU…PHEWWW! I breezed through time series after hearing all this jibber-jabber about it then faceplanted in FSA and wondered if I was retarded for finding it difficult. I posted about it earlier and got no responses on difficulty of FSA, glad to find out I’m not alone on this.

Does anyone have any notes that can be emailed to me for the time series section. The chapter in the books is too long and I am not a quant guy - already spent a week and half on it and still not even half way through. I can’t retain this stuff. You can email me at tgf123@hotmail.com Any help will be much appreciated.

bayofpigs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone have any notes that can be emailed to > me for the time series section. The chapter in > the books is too long and I am not a quant guy - > already spent a week and half on it and still not > even half way through. I can’t retain this > stuff. > > You can email me at tgf123@hotmail.com > > Any help will be much appreciated. Do you mean something like that http://www.analystforum.com/samples/schweser_l3_sample.pdf ???

Usually if you’re weak in the subject that’s a pretty strong reason not to use notes, but rather to read the CFAI texts, but hey, do what you want.

Thanks! I will use this to read first and then review the text. Thanks again!!