Any Auditors Trying to Claim Work Experience?

Is anyone in the same boat as me? I passed Level 3, will be applying for membership and I spent five years in public accounting and a couple more years in Internal Audit. I believe some, not all, of my work does qualify as “relevant work experience” as some of the projects I worked on involved audits of mutual funds, foundations, valuation of subprime asset backed securities/private placements, investment compliance, etc. However this work was on a project by project basis. What I plan on doing is to simply lay out each project and provide a detailed description and the amount of time in months I am claiming experience. If anyone has a similar background and could share with me their experience with how CFAI reacted and responded to project oriented work, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

buckeye59 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is anyone in the same boat as me? I passed Level > 3, will be applying for membership and I spent > five years in public accounting and a couple more > years in Internal Audit. I believe some, not all, > of my work does qualify as “relevant work > experience” as some of the projects I worked on > involved audits of mutual funds, foundations, > valuation of subprime asset backed > securities/private placements, investment > compliance, etc. However this work was on a > project by project basis. What I plan on doing is > to simply lay out each project and provide a > detailed description and the amount of time in > months I am claiming experience. If anyone has a > similar background and could share with me their > experience with how CFAI reacted and responded to > project oriented work, I would appreciate it. > Thanks. youre fvcked bro, ask CFANoLife, he assumes his work will be approved.

Has anyone successfully used any back office / operations experience?

I’d help but seeing as your a buckeye nevermind oh and GO BLUE (just kidding didn’t work in auditing) sent by my cat. buckeye59 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is anyone in the same boat as me? I passed Level > 3, will be applying for membership and I spent > five years in public accounting and a couple more > years in Internal Audit. I believe some, not all, > of my work does qualify as “relevant work > experience” as some of the projects I worked on > involved audits of mutual funds, foundations, > valuation of subprime asset backed > securities/private placements, investment > compliance, etc. However this work was on a > project by project basis. What I plan on doing is > to simply lay out each project and provide a > detailed description and the amount of time in > months I am claiming experience. If anyone has a > similar background and could share with me their > experience with how CFAI reacted and responded to > project oriented work, I would appreciate it. > Thanks.

I’m a Level 3 candidate working in the Internal Audit department of a Stock Exchange!!! and still not sure if that experience is going to be valid.