Any CFA candidates failed FRM?

I was wondering if any CFA candidates who have passed Levels 1,2 or 3 failed on the FRM. I was shocked to discover that I passed the FRM exam. I dont think that I had studied very well. I was wondering if having cleared 2 levels of the CFA had something to do with my results. By that I mean, at the time of registration for FRM 2008, I had mentioned that I was a level 2 or 3 (I dont exactly remember) candidate. And I guess, even in the examination survey, I have said the same (dont remember very well though). I was wondering if, GARP allowed me to pass because it knew that I will become a CFA charterholder soon and have a good career and by the virtue of having an FRM alongwith will make FRM more popular. Is that possible that GARP allowed me to pass because I am a level 3 candidate? So I would like to find out if there are any CFA candidates who have failed the FRM. Thanks!!

I don’t think there is any connection between being a CFA candidate and passing the FRM exam other than the fact that you’ve studied part of the FRM curriculum and have a generally good knowledge about finance. It would be totally illogical if there were any kind of connection such as granting a CFA candidate the FRM certificate solely on the basis that they’re a registered candedate with some other institute (other than GARP).

I don’t think there is any connection between being a CFA candidate and passing the FRM exam other than the fact that you’ve studied part of the FRM curriculum and have a generally good knowledge about finance. It would be totally illogical if there were any kind of connection such as granting a CFA candidate the FRM certificate solely on the basis that they’re a registered candidate with some other institute (other than GARP).

Sorry for posting twice. I clicked the browser’s “stop” button to change ‘candedate’ to ‘candidate’ but it didn’t work…

What quartile were your scores in? I Studied pretty hard and got 1st in everything but quant. It does seem that the qualifing score is low…

The passing percentage is around 40%…Approximately 14000 candidates had registered…Approximately 4000 candidates passed and assuming that 25% were no-shows, still the pass percentage is around 40%…That was the point of suspicion… My score analysis: Credit Risk = 2nd quartile Market Risk = 1st quartile Operational = 3rd quartile Quantitative = 1st quartile Risk Management = 1st quartile

My score analysis: Credit Risk = 1st quartile Market Risk = 1st quartile Operational = 1st quartile Quantitative = 1st quartile Risk Management = 2nd quartile happy having passed after roughly 50-60h studying…

riskyrider, are you looking for a pat on the back for passing the FRM? i dont’ think your question is really serious.

Frank dude, how goes the battle?

MehdiOchre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry for posting twice. I clicked the browser’s > “stop” button to change ‘candedate’ to ‘candidate’ > but it didn’t work… Its okay MehdiOchre… i think we all understand your perfectionist nature.

Does anyone know if the 2 year work experience requirement is like the CFA where you need to actually have a qualifying DESCRIPTION, or is job title enough? Looking on the GARP website, it seems like if you have a certain job title thats enough. Anyone have any first hand experience?

CFA Halifax, can’t really complain. got a job perfectly suited to my experience and what i want to do at the corp office analyzing whatever. but i’m looking at moving into research next in about 6 months as i have spent a year here already (already?). what about you? how is halifax?

I made the move West to Calgary in August…been working out OK all things in the world considered. Hoping to land an ER gig in 6-18 months…