Any early-tell for the pass?

Hi guys, do you have any idea on early tells for the pass?
The waiting game is killing me…

Greetings folks! Good question - and it comes up regularly. Short answer is “no” there are no reliable early tells. Looking for status changes in your profile on CFAI’s website, and so forth, sadly do not provide reliable leading indicators. You can read prior years’ posts at length on this topic with all the maybes and case examples but it all ends up being unproven and wishful thinking. Good luck I hope everyone passed, see you at the next stage if I’m still there! Cheers👍

2 Likes

Because the exam is now CBT, future candidates might get a preliminary result instantly, telling them if they passed or not. For now, though, you’ll just have to wait.

2 Likes

I think, if it works like CAIA CBT exams, you might not get results instantly. Because they want to keep the curve and MPS confidential. But who knows, you could be correct and the process could accelerate soon! When I took the CAIA exams they were computer based and I had no indication on my scoring until I received the future emails with results and breakdown. But I never got my raw score. Maybe CFA will be similar.

1 Like

for some actuarial exams, the system will give you a preliminary result instantly. if you didn’t pass, the system will inform you which part you should study more (nothing specific really, just a very general information). It should be noted that, assuming CFAI does the same, it will take some time before preliminary results become available. Hence why i said future candidates.

1 Like

For my computer based licensing exams and I think maybe also the CMT level 1 exams that I took 2 years ago, they did give me my raw scores instantly. Who knows, let’s see! I wondered why CAIA didn’t do that too for level 1 but I think they decided to keep it all confidential about what the MPS was. This was in 2017-2018 so maybe CAIA has changed even since then to give instant level 1 results. But when I took it, it took a month to get the email where I learned if I passed, how I did in categories versus 70% … But I never got my raw score. For all I know I might have flubbed the exam empirically but flubbed it slightly less than the majority of my peers. If CFA adopts this approach as well, it will be similar to current system and their curve will be kept confidential. But, who the heck knows! Could be instant joy or pain on exam day!

1 Like

Just wish CFAI could be on time as usual as they did before. The extra 3 nights of horror is driving me nuts LOL

1 Like

Yeah. Hope it releases on time. Did everyone get CFA institute e-mail with regards to exam result release date from this sender? cfaprogram@cfa-institute.info Just wondering if there is any case that the exam sender may differ depending on the pass/fail results. might be dumb speculation tho.

1 Like

I am waiting for two stuffs, both are killing me. FRM working certification, which has cost me three months without feedback; CFA level 2 result. FRM is bird in hand but I just did not know when, it is said some one took around 5 months. I was pretty confident just after the examination, but not until the box is open, you will not know if the cat is dead or alive.

Email deliver time may be differ, there were such rumors that failed result will be delivered later, but it is not true.

1 Like

You are on edge. Hold on to your nerves. CFA , FRM and all other certificates are important but not so much to lose sleep over.

1 Like

Oh, how I miss this feeling, waiting for the results, speculating on my performance… Stupid pandemic

2 Likes